Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a hi-flow intake from stillen. I was wondering how much of a performance difference, if any did it make since so many members say have them on their G's.:alien:

§r20 Man

·
Registered
562 Posts
Sadly not that much ... it's probably gonna add maybe 2-4 HP.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'd say that the Stillen intake or even JWT pop for that matter are just for engine bay looks and sound...not a bad investment into a car if you have the money to spend on it... but it doesn't subtract any real time from your run at the track

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
G20Turbo said:
I'd say that the Stillen intake or even JWT pop for that matter are just for engine bay looks and sound
Well with proven gains, I wouldnt go that far and say they are purely cosmetic. As you get to other mods, ie: Header, Cams, Exhaust, etc...the advantage of a better flowing intake would be seen more at that point.

A nice little write up here

http://www.se-r.net/engine/cool_air_intake.html

·
Registered
180 Posts
so the best thing is to get a K&N cone filter for your CAI ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
i agree, an intake on its own doesn't do much significant difference in power - u need the other upgrades 2 compliment it. as quickly as u get the cold air in, u need 2 get the hot air out...

the sound of the intake is just tooo sweet and slick....like a cool breeze of wind...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts