Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 'possible project' for anyone willing to undertake it.

Last year i was able to pick up a Stillen 4-1 primary, brand new, for dirt cheap. Obviously it needed a secondary to become a full header. Through research i came to find that the JGY 2.5" turbo downpipe was the ideal candidate. I had spoken with the owner of Custom Car Performance(http://www.customcarperformance.com/indexmain.htm), which are literally down the road from me, and he informed me that he knew of the stillen and knew it under-performed. He said that he believed that a larger b-pipe would help with providing more power, as in the SSAC.

Needed to make it all work:

The JGY's height where it meets the stillen would need to be shortened by 2.5", and that same flange would need to be turned CLOCKWISE about 10-12 degrees. Thats it. Everything else lines up, including all bolt holes, which at the stillen/jgy flanges are both 3.25" apart.

This is just an FYI, and i would only suggest doing this if u can find the parts dirt cheap. Just thought this would be valueable info for anyone who might have a 4-1 stillen primary and no downpipe.

Mike

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
I have a stillen header with a nice sized dent in it. I may try this in the future. I figured it would be a nicer header with a bigger pipe, but I never had the HP for it to matter.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please let me know if you do ever undertake it. I'd be very interested to find out how it works out.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
I probably won't for a while. this would be something I did if I got a ve or do a high compression motor. so unless my fles pip gives out sooner then I think, it will be a while. you got both parts, how come you didn't try it?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was maybe about 2 weeks from having it all fabbed up when i bought the Impul header. This would have been interesting but the Impul more so.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
looking at the secondary in that other post, the JGY pipe is reduction bend and pretty nasty too. do they make a mandrel pipe as well?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont believe so, but if someone else does as long as its 2.5" and bolts up to a stock det t25 then you should be good to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts