Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well - I really want to put an exhaust on my car, but I'm really cheap. I'm a college student and can't really afford to plop $500-$600 for a catback system.

I saw on stillen's website a bolt on muffler for my 99 for about $150. Has anyone ever heard how this sounds? I know stillen specializes in performance upgrades, but will this muffler last?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
buhhhhh

First you might want to do a search, like say: stillen exhaust:bandit:
I know its been discussed before in great detail, so if you want more info, thats a good place to look.

To answer your question though.. The setup is an axle-back exhaust, and is very easily taken on and off ( i used to have one), bolts right up. I had heard some bad things about it after i got it (problems with it rusting, etc) but i knew some people that had them and got along fine. It sounds nice (all my friends really liked it, but i thought it was a bit much), but it tends to drone right at freeway speed (between 60-70 mph) and it would give me the biggest headache, if you have an intake, its even worse. Im kind of a pussy when it comes to noise, at least that droning noise, so i couldn't handle it. It has a nice tip though, and for that price on that budget, its pretty good i guess, if you dont mind some droning. At low rpms, its really nice and deep and somewhat quieter.
Hope that helps...;)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope. Not my cup of tea. I hate LOUD exhausts. My brother had a Greddy system on his accord and it was PERFECT sounding. Real quiet and deep, and ONLY got loud at like 5k+ RPMs...that's what I'm looking for. just isn't cheap

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
i have the stillen exhaust and really like it. it was very easy to install. i don't think it is too loud (most noticeable around 3400 rpm). the only problem i have with it is that it is not perfectly centered on my 2001 g. i just need to take it to a muffler shop to have them bend the hangers a little. on idle you don't notice it, and if you are standing behind it, there is only a quiet rumble. geez, for $150 it's a steal. if you order it, call adam (800-576-2833 ext. 138) and tell him i sent you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts