Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Stillen rear sway bar directly from Stillen and received it within a week (I am in Toronto). US$ 239.00 excl shipping.
I had it installed at a workshop so I could inspect the car from the underside once it was up in the air.
The install went smooth and the bar fits without any further problems. Quality and fitment are excellent.
I adjusted it sort of medium firm to see what this gives me.
Since my P11-144 Wagon does not accept the Stillen rear strut brace (shock mounts are covered) this is a good alternative to stiffen up the ride.
I do have a Stillen front strut brace which really makes the front much more responsive.
The overall ride has stiffened up a bit indeed and in curves the car feels like on rails. The straight ahead ride feels not much different than before, maybe a bit firmer.
Overall I am quite satisfied with this addition.
Now if you really want to have the rear end come around, you can always go for the more drastic settings, but that is not my style.
In the near future 4 Koni Yellows will go in, the Eibach springs are already in place. This will improve the ride even further.

Keep you posted.

Luke

·
Im a organ donor.
4,843 Posts
i need to get mine installed.....been collecting dust for about a year now.LOL

·
Dude, your bed is a car..
4,567 Posts
best one anyone can bet for our cars!
plus it's so beefy!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
WAIT ....... what you saying about my nismo bar? How dare you! lol ;)
I want to see pics for the record!

BTW which bar is proven to be more functional, forget money for a minute, I need to know on a performance level if the stillen is better than progress especially if it is at least better than adco... I've had the stillen bar in my trunk for quite some time now, if someone can please prove to me its better than the adco functionally, I'm gonna stop being lazy and switch em out...

·
Im a organ donor.
4,843 Posts
the stillen bar is hollow to allow flex but still be sturdy as a mofo.....all of the other bars are solid and not adjustable like the stillen one.

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wait!!!! He originally posted this back in 2004!!! He has since switched to the solid Progress RSB back in 2006-2007... I helped install the Progress RSB. Much better bang for your buck at almost half the price! Two group buys prove it!

True, Lou.

I sold the Stillen, remember, and I´m still running the Progress bar. It´s just as good. I still have the Stillen FSTB and it rocks !

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lou: yes, somewhere late 2006 I think. Why don´t you reinstall the Stillen bars ?

·
G20 OG
6,684 Posts
What year did we install our Progress RSB's? You left Canada in August 2007? So it was 2006 or 2007 correct?

BTW, I've got my matching Stillen front & Rear strut bars still sitting in the boxed I packed them up in! I also have a octotat rstb in a box too!
you selling these?

·
Im a organ donor.
4,843 Posts
finally got my stillen installed today...the car feels much more go cartish on corners is about the best way i can describe it. i paid 120$ off of CL for mine. the install well....it took about 4 hours because of the hardware. having to stop. put blaster on the allen head vice a allen socket into it....bang rusted bolts out of the tubes....basically it was fighting the whole time.

·
Top5DOA
1,967 Posts
I've done a few canyon runs , and when I installed the stilled rsb on yesterdays run, I was pleasantly surprised.
I thought the bar was one of the dumbest mods ever, I figured ppl bought it to just extend thier mod list but it definitely gives much more control in turns. Im no longer feeling im going to lose grip at any moment.
I have tein SS and this is perfect compliment.
the bad is the actual install. And the fact when I hit bumps the bar smacks the beam so its annoying. Im going to put some rubber inbetween some how to fix that issue
its not easy to get the bolts to comply and u have to play around with the mounting points to get it on. Not only that but the abs and break lines are in the way so it made it seem like it took much longer that it needed be for for a bolt on mod.
over all, I believe this is the best suspension mod I've done yet.
I paid 165 picked up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts