Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. i think it is between 3/4" to 1" thick. pretty hefty, but still light since it is aluminum.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Nice paint!

Yea, ive got those too... Front and back, I like the way you painted them though... What kind of paint did you use? They almost look anodized!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sport - i didn't have to use a spacer or anything. it fit fine without any modifications at all.

freak - the paint is duplicolor metalcast. i also used the base coat they suggest. it is not as shiny as i thought it would be, but i like it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
strut braces

How do they feel. You did get front and rear, right?

How long to install rear?

Where do I get the colored paint you specified. Looking for yellow maybe... (9 hp faster).....

·
Registered
476 Posts
lookin real good. was that bar originally for the '99?? obtw, check this site out.

http://home.catv.ne.jp/dd/checker/overseas/fet-bar.htm

i hope this link works, but i found it browsing. it's one of the best lookin upper strut bars i have seen since the stillen one. does anyone got any info on this???

·
Registered
424 Posts
platypus_g20t said:
lookin real good. was that bar originally for the '99?? obtw, check this site out.

http://home.catv.ne.jp/dd/checker/overseas/fet-bar.htm

i hope this link works, but i found it browsing. it's one of the best lookin upper strut bars i have seen since the stillen one. does anyone got any info on this???

This is a very nice looking front stb!!! I love the carbon fibre material that they used. It listed a 95 P11 (Primera) application, don't know how would that fit on a 02 P11. Looks like it is made from Japan. Did anyone contact Luke to see if he can acquire further tech and price information for our application?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Most people find the Stillen struts expensive as is, I don't think it would be any cheaper for a carbon fiber strut when it's 33,000 yen = 265USD each per strut + shipping and taxes. Not worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Quality! My friend :)

That's not bad considering that's how much the Stillen bar cost! The carbon fibre gives you a different look and it is a lot stronger and, mind you, lighter. It also adds a different look under the hood, IMO.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
You can get the Stillen STB's for $179.95 USD each with free shipping. No where near FET's STB pricing. The Stillen bars are good quality and look great as well - give me a carbon fiber hood and now we are talking, give me a carbon fiber strut, I don't give a crap :). I believe there is a P11 application for the struts as well, but they only have the front STB.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
atomic-G said:
You can get the Stillen STB's for $179.95 USD each with free shipping. No where near FET's STB pricing. The Stillen bars are good quality and look great as well - give me a carbon fiber hood and now we are talking, give me a carbon fiber strut, I don't give a crap :). I believe there is a P11 application for the struts as well, but they only have the front STB.

So the stillen STB fits on the 2002? Or not?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I don't see an application on Stillen's website for anything over 99. So for Seneb to get it to fit perfectly is somewhat surprising. I figure if it fits perfectly for a 2001, I'm sure it would fit for a 2002.
You could always order the strut and give it a shot. If it doesnt work, sell it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey G20 Sport 2002....Let me know if the Stillen front STB fits a 2002 i was wondering the same for my car if not i will wait for JIC's or possibly the Japanese FET One. Thanks alot!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i'm not really sure about the handling differences. when i installed it, i hadn't driven the car for a couple days. i should have driven a short course, installed the bar, and driven the course again.

i just ordered the rear stb, so maybe i'll test a little better this time!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts