Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a car accident a month ago. I would post pics but I don't know how to. So I never bothered too. But anyway since the car is sitting in the driveway, I decided to sit in it and play some music. I turn on the radio and nothing is playing, radio, tape cd nothing, no audio. All you hear is the radio turning off or on or the antenna moving. Help. I do plan on getting a after market head unit with a aftermarket amplifier and speaker.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Pull the stereo and make sure the connectors are still in place - could still get power, but the speaker harness may have popped loose in the accident. It takes about 5 minutes - 2 screws on bottom of the trim panel. Pop the whole panel out - blinkers and rear defrost wires will still be connected, so just rotate the panel so it will sit up on top of the dash. There are I think maybe 5 screws around the stereo, remove them and the whole stereo should come out. Check that all harness plugs in the back are seated fully in their slots. Might be worth it since the stereo is out to pull the harnesses and clean the contacts/terminals anyway.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pull the stereo and make sure the connectors are still in place - could still get power, but the speaker harness may have popped loose in the accident. It takes about 5 minutes - 2 screws on bottom of the trim panel. Pop the whole panel out - blinkers and rear defrost wires will still be connected, so just rotate the panel so it will sit up on top of the dash. There are I think maybe 5 screws around the stereo, remove them and the whole stereo should come out. Check that all harness plugs in the back are seated fully in their slots. Might be worth it since the stereo is out to pull the harnesses and clean the contacts/terminals anyway.
I did that yesterday actually and all plugs were seated fully in their slots. Still nothing. It just turns on or off if I want it to. I don't want the Bose hu, so aftermarket is my planned route

·
Registered
444 Posts
yeah, eventually I just want to drop a double din touchscreen unit in there, add in some decent 4 ohm speakers, and move on...

Bose is nice, but its not great. Our GMC came with a pioneer sound package that includes a 250 watt pioneer 10" sub...now that's a great factory stereo lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.