Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a stock set of factory 1999 P11 G20T 6 spoke (yes 6 not 8) factory wheels. I was hoping this was going to be a simple upgrade....

What are my tire size options or problems I might encounter installing these on stock P10 springs or after installing on intrax lowering springs I already have sitting and waiting to install. Slam dunk or will I need wheel spacer etc.

any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
As long as you use some 205's with a sturdy side wall you shouldn't have a clearance problem, there's a tire fitment faq here on the forum, do a search for it, it is very helpful. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
hope u like spilling ur coffee in the am...intrax springs are very stiff...205-50-15;s will do the trick

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the word on the intrax springs. Super Stiff is NOT what I was after but these came up brand new and cheap so I grapbbed a set. May resell them based on this input. got a a milder brand option for lowering?

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
go to the suspension/wheels section there is a great sticky explaingin tire and wheel sizing

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
^ there you go, first hand feedback, although the lower profile tire looks sexier ;)
hey how bouncy are those Teins? do yo happen to know the spring rate?

·
Registered
487 Posts
gomd3 said:
^ there you go, first hand feedback, although the lower profile tire looks sexier ;)
hey how bouncy are those Teins? do yo happen to know the spring rate?
I don't know the spring rates off hand but they are not stiff (the HKS springs are stiff but tein spring rates are in the high 100's). The spring rates on my SE-R were 300/200. That was horrible. When I first had the teins they were bouncy. Once the springs settled down, the car handled very well. However, the teins are a bit on the soft side when driving very hard.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great input jamse-r Just what I was hoping for! Checked out your link. They look great on your car. May I ask what you did for center caps? also, were you able to use your stock lug nuts or did you have to change anything there?

·
Registered
487 Posts
masterlink said:
Great input jamse-r Just what I was hoping for! Checked out your link. They look great on your car. May I ask what you did for center caps? also, were you able to use your stock lug nuts or did you have to change anything there?
I was lucky, I went to a local junkyard and was able to get the P11 rims with the caps. Stock lug nuts work fine. Trust me these rims do the P10 justice and with the drop look really nice.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I gave $200.00 for a full set of absolutely "as-new" take-offs. I'm happy with my buy .... or at least until the dealer gets a hold of me for the caps! Glad I can use the stock lugs. Thanks again for your input.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
ground control coils with agx struts...best susp set up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts