Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm pumping about 75W RMS to each speaker (pioneers - not very good but they do the job) and the stock tweeters finally gave out on me. Anyway - how do you remove them from the a-piller? They really made a difference so I bought a pair of tweeters and want to install them. Also - should I leave the stock location or has someone discovered a better place to put tweeters?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Anyway - how do you remove them from the a-piller?

Just pull the plastic cover off the pillar and you will see it mounted against the actual pillar. Just pop it off and unplug it.

Also - should I leave the stock location or has someone discovered a better place to put tweeters?

Are you going to use aftermarket tweeters? If you are, you are going to have to cut through the plastic pillar cover unless you mount them somewhere else. Most aftermarket tweeters are too deep to put in place of the stock ones. Personally, mine are in the door panel up by the A/C vents.

If you are staying stock, just leave them where they are.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am installing aftermarket pioneer tweeters. I'm going to see what I can do to get them to go in the stock location. Do you have a pic of how your tweeters look in the place they are? Do they sound better than the stock position?

·
Registered
522 Posts
rmjjensen said:
I am installing aftermarket pioneer tweeters. I'm going to see what I can do to get them to go in the stock location. Do you have a pic of how your tweeters look in the place they are? Do they sound better than the stock position?
Don't have a picture now, need to take some of the interior. After looking at the pillars again, you might be able to get them in there, my question is getting them mounted.

I think they sound better than stock, the Bose/Clarion was just a bit too muddy for me. The tweeters are angled at me, so the sound it more direct.

All I can say is to play around with it.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the pioneer tweeters in the stock location. Just used some double sided tape and they fit in pretty good. I'm hoping to get a camera this weekend and take some pics so you guys can finally see my ride and my 4 tens!

·
Registered
201 Posts
did you have to cut anything on the a pillar, i.e. the little grill or does it look stock? i need to rid myself of the clarion's and get some new speakers. are you happy w/ the pioneers? what model?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks 100% stock. I used an exacto knife to trim out some of the inside portion (that you can't see) so the tweeters would fit. A little coudle sided tape on the metal to the tweeter and presto. They're in there pretty solid.

However - my amp blew them up -- 85 w was a lil too much so I'm replacing them soon.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The colors are the same for the regular front speakers. At the tweeters themseves they change to white and black.

Left Front + Brown
Left Front - Black w/ White

Right Front + Green
Right Front - Red

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You have a P10...sorry didn't see that. Those wires are for the P11 G

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
rmjjensen- sorry to dig an ol' thread up but do you happen to remember what pioneers you got to fit? Also, there was no way to use a tech screw or something to mount them? just curious cause the d/s sticky tape sounds like it could come loose after a long while, have you noticed this? Thanks man... :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't remember what pioneers I bought but they blew up on my long car ride to school (2hrs). However, the double stick tape honestly held very good for multiple tweeter installations. After a got my Focals I wanted better stereo imaging and placed them in the doors. I'd only really recommend this if you're dead set on keeping your components. With Focals - there's not much better so I did it. Hate to throw this picture in here, but you can see the tweeters in the door panels: http://www.expertwebcreations.com/personal/g20/rip/inside.jpg

There are days I still miss this car :(

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
rmjjensen said:
I don't remember what pioneers I bought but they blew up on my long car ride to school (2hrs). However, the double stick tape honestly held very good for multiple tweeter installations. After a got my Focals I wanted better stereo imaging and placed them in the doors. I'd only really recommend this if you're dead set on keeping your components. With Focals - there's not much better so I did it. Hate to throw this picture in here, but you can see the tweeters in the door panels: http://www.expertwebcreations.com/personal/g20/rip/inside.jpg

There are days I still miss this car :(

Dang, poor car... :( So, basically, mount some a/m tweets elsewhere, call it a loss for the stock ones huh?? :( Dang, I really wanted to keep them in their stock location...

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well u can put aftermarket tweeters in there ........but I did notice that some of the grill cut off the tweeter's dispersion pattern ......I didn't like that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts