Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tranny needs to be pulled due to a bad input shaft bearing. So I thought I might as well upgrade the stock VLSD. It seems that there are only 2 options to upgrade the stock P11 (00-02) tranny's LSD.

1.) JGY Customs Friction type LSD - $219
2.) NISMO LSD - New Style, Mechanical 1.5 way - $856

Is there any other options?
How good are the ones listed above? Anyone has experience with them?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have installed the JGY in my tranny and I can say that it went pretty smooth. Asa for performance of this type of LSD, check out the Phantom Grip website. The Phantom Grip is very similiar to the JGY but costs twice as much. Good luck.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mean Green G20 said:
I have installed the JGY in my tranny and I can say that it went pretty smooth. Asa for performance of this type of LSD, check out the Phantom Grip website. The Phantom Grip is very similiar to the JGY but costs twice as much. Good luck.
After doing more research both on here on SR20 forum. It looks like the JGY LSD would be a logical choice for me. I do not plan to track my car anytime soon and I have the stock VLSD on so the JGY unit should work pretty good.

Mean Green, did you get the street version or the drag version?

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
as i se it you can instll the nissmo and the jgy. the jgy will fit in the diff as one wil be like a back up incase one fails.
i have the jgy unit it seems good. i can leave possi track all lthe way down the road.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
p10det said:
as i se it you can instll the nissmo and the jgy. the jgy will fit in the diff as one wil be like a back up incase one fails.
i have the jgy unit it seems good. i can leave possi track all lthe way down the road.
That would be a bit too extreme for me. (and too expensive)

I placed an order with JGY but couldn't get a response from them after I gave them my credit card info. Hopefully it will get shipped out soon. :baffled:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts