Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an automatic 96 G20...lots of issues..the car hates me.

Whenever I am at a complete stop and begin to press on the gas to accelerate, the car hesitates and basically stalls out. It feels exactly like a manual would when you let off the clutch too soon and stall out...It doesn't happen all the time...In fact, it pretty much happens maybe once or twice a week within the same day and then won't do it for another week.

At first I thought maybe it was a gas problem, but it happens whether the gas tank is full or not.

Anyone have any clue what the heck is going on??? I really need to take it to be looked at, but I would like some sort of clue of what the possibilities are so I dont get screwed over...

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
possibly the maf.....or maybee a injector prob.....when was the last time u had a full tuneup??? (dist. cap, rotor plugs & wires???)) maybe fuel filter

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
how many miles do you have on the car cause it sounds like it could use a good tune up...and by that i dont just mean spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor...sounds like the PCV valve should be changed, the EGR system cleaned out, and the IACV cleaned as well...stuff like that makes a HUGE difference on our motors. After cleaning out my EGR system and cleaning the IACV, i never had a stalling issue. Just make sure if you do take it apart and put it back together, get another gasket from nissan (they are like $2-3 from a dealership).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We just got the car in February when I totalled my Jetta so I don't really know when the last tune up was...I have all the past service records at home so I'll look into that..But the car has something like 198,000 miles on it. So a tune up might be all it needs? Or could it be something major?

·
Registered
656 Posts
So does this happen when it has been really cold out or first thing in the morning? Mine does that after a particularily cold night and I believe it is a faulty air regulator valve. But a full tune up would be a primo idea, especially if it has never had one before. It was like night and day after I got mine. Good luck!

·
Registered
844 Posts
what kind of gas mileage are you getting? do you have any backfiring or popping? how does the car start? do you have hesitation at any other times without stalling?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gas mileage is okay I guess...I'm not sure of any specifics, but I can go for about 10 days with a full tank...No popping or backfiring...Car starts okay, but we just had the starter replaced...Um it hesitates sometimes on long trips...if I take my foot off the gas peddle and then press down again, it hesitates. It shifts kinda rough going from 1st to 2nd too...but all other gears go smoothly...

Oh and I dont think its the cold..mainly because it hasn't gotten much lower than 60 here in Florida yet...It happened a lot during the spring..and didn't do it for like 6 months..but now it's starting up again..

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Definitely clean out the EGR system and the IACV (idle air control valve). it will make a world of diference. change the PCV (its under $10 at most parts stores) and check your hoses for dry rot...the tube that was attached to my PCV was dryrotted to hell recently so i replaced that and i plan on going through all my other hoses and checking them out soon too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts