Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is lowered about 2 inches due to the tein s-techs i installed. before they were installed my friend told me that my ride would be a little rougher. "a little rougher" is putting it lightly. this is for the people that are new to modding their car. yes lowering your car makes it look a lot better and improves steering, but that comes with a price. for example- i ran over a median that was hillshaped (no curb, just a sloped hill). i thought i was in a wreck and promptly checked my car. IF YOU LOWER YOUR CAR, YOU WILL MEMORIZE THE LOCATION OF EVERY SINGLE POTHOLE WITHIN A 5 MILE RADIUS OF YOUR HOUSE. you will feel every little bump and will feel your car's pain when you hit a pothole. i am doing this to give a warning that i wasnt given. at the end of it, i would prefer my car lowered, but thats because im a die-hard car lover. this might be considered a stupid thread but it would have changed my decision on lowering my car.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Good advice, but this has been covered many times before if you search...

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
again...a search would makes this whole thread a bit unnecessary

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
How long has it been since you put the springs in? Remember, you HAVE to be patient for the springs and shocks to settle, which can take a month or two. When I first put my tein s techs in with kyb agx shocks (both brand new), the ride was STIFF AS FK! But after a month or so they broke in and settled, and the ride was perfect.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
do u have aftermarket shocks?

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
for me it seemed like the s-techs (with gr-2's) gave a decent ride at first... i now have a different opinion. i dunno if it got worse over time or if i got more picky, but i think they ride like crap, especially after picking up another p10 and riding with stock suspension again. im planning on making the switch to coilovers this winter.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
StangG20 said:
for me it seemed like the s-techs (with gr-2's) gave a decent ride at first... i now have a different opinion. i dunno if it got worse over time or if i got more picky, but i think they ride like crap, especially after picking up another p10 and riding with stock suspension again. im planning on making the switch to coilovers this winter.
ouch. well this may change my mind about lowering my wifes car. would the meps mounts alone lower the car any?

·
Still learning :D
2,233 Posts
StangG20 said:
Please expand on the idea of "crap" :D

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
yeah after i thought about it i remebered on the stock setup the upper shock mount and upper spring mount arent at the same height or attached like on a coilover. however i was thinking about the tein SSs, my two issues are that they are a stiffer spring rate than the s techs, and that the highest setting on the front is -2 inches, but i thought about it and realised that some washers on the shock rod between the shock mount and shock would raise it up some. I really think that you must have a mounting problem to have such a bad ride out of the s techs. either the bump stop, lack of travel caused by no meps mounts and/or blown shocks

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
SgtDGun said:
yeah after i thought about it i remebered on the stock setup the upper shock mount and upper spring mount arent at the same height or attached like on a coilover. however i was thinking about the tein SSs, my two issues are that they are a stiffer spring rate than the s techs, and that the highest setting on the front is -2 inches, but i thought about it and realised that some washers on the shock rod between the shock mount and shock would raise it up some. I really think that you must have a mounting problem to have such a bad ride out of the s techs. either the bump stop, lack of travel caused by no meps mounts and/or blown shocks
My Tein SS coilovers, dropped about 2.5-3" or so (somewhere in there) with the setting at 8 (1-16, so about in the middle)....ride WAY WAY better as far as comfort, smoothness going over bumps/dips etc than the Tein S springs. I can't stress this enough, you have to ride in it to experience these coils. I will NEVER buy a separate springs and shocks for my future cars again if I want them lowered...coilovers are the only way.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no i dont have aftermarked shocks. im plannin on getting them. i heard somewhere that if you lower your car and keep the factory shocks, they will eventually blow out.

oh and i did a search on lowered cars and couldnt find anything that runs along the lines of this thread.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
ur are right about the memorizing of pot holes within a 5 mile radius of ur home..mine is a 10 mile radius..and yes it is a lil rough be glad u dont live in Jersey..but u should look into mep mounts and gr2's or agxs as others have mentioned..make sure everything is tightened down to fsm specs..and yes ur factory shocks will blow out eventually..other than that..the teins give the G a very sporty stance/look..i've looked at countless other dropped cars and i like mine best..but goin over bumps is different than stock..

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its just that money is an issue right now because im still in the process of repairing my car after a pretty bad wreck. i need to replace my exhaust system first.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts