Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning to strip the interior on my p11 this weekend. any pointers? Im taking out the radio, speakers, seats, carpet, etc etc etc.. with regards to the door panels, I dont want the extra weight, I want only the bare essentials, so i want to take the window motors out too and swap some manual rollers in. How hard is this for people that have done it? Where can i buy the manual rollers? do i need to customize them or can i buy them off the shelf for the g20.? I know some p11s here in the usa came with manual windows right>? Also when I pull the window motors, do I simply cut the wires leading to them then electrical tape them? Anyways As you can tell I have lots of questions. Advice and pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
No, every G20 has power windows, You would have to take somehting out of a crappier nissan... and try and use it, and IMO that all just sounds like a bad ideal....

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no.. it can be done.. i know that... i heard once of a company that makes kits for the swap from power to manual... the car is a track slut now so i dont really care if it looks nice on the inside,.. all i want is manual windows. 2 seats and a cage thats it

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
can i get u'r radio amp and speakers?
and can i get the carpet that sits on top of the spare wheel well in the trunk?

i want to help the cause.

pm me please

·
Registered
755 Posts
If you REALLY want to, you can probably get some from Europe. I think the "lowest standard" P11's up here had manual windows...

·
Registered
450 Posts
You will need to remove the power window regulators as well. I would recommend using Lexan. It would definitely save more weight over glass and maybe even be cheaper.

·
Registered
107 Posts
when i gutted my civic sedan... i gutted the rear door panels... and matched up the thread pattern and drilled 2 holes and used really long bolts from LOWE's to hold the windows in place. if no one's in the back... it really doesnt matter.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
ive got some manual cranks/regulators for a P10, im pretty sure they will bolt up to a P11 with little modifications...pm me about price, i paid a pretty penny for these.

·
Former G20 Addict
3,429 Posts
Pat, do you have one for all 4 window's? If you don't want them, G20Touring, I'd be interested in them.

Ripping out my interior was one of the most satisfying things I've done to my car. It's easiest if you don't care about breaking anything :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts