Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want both the header and the CAI. Where can I buy these online. The install doesn't look hard so I'm gonna try it. I just need to buy them first. Also what generation header is Hot Shot on now. Should I wait a bit longer.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Try www.hotshot.com for starters. The header is constantly being improved, but don't sit around waiting for new generations. The header is a great product from what I hear and should be worth your money. I wish I had enough money for both...

Oh, there's a 10% discount if you get header/CAI at the same time. Good deal.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Really? Hah, I had no idea! Good thing, coz I'm earning money for such things as I speak (type?). That's awful nice of them.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can I buy it striaght from the website. I looked there and didn't see anything where I could buy both. Do I have to email them or what. Please let me know how to order from them.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Your best bet is to get the header from Jim Wolf. They buy headers in bulk from Hotshot and pass the savings on to you!:lol: Then you can buy the CAI from Hotshot. I wish Wolf sold the CAI. I HATE dealing with the people at HS. They never seem to get my order right!

·
Registered
880 Posts
HS is on their 5th gen headers right now. It's really good and produces about 4 whp more than previous models. If you do want to order directly from Hot shot you will have to email them your order request with part numbers, your name and address, and credit card number. I don't know if you're a SERCA member or not, but you can get a 20% discount at both HS and Jim Wolf if you are. That discount is cumulative, so if you get the header and the CAI together from HS you'll have their 10% off deal plus another 20% off for being a serca member. that a total of 30% off. But in order to get SERCA savings you have to call them instead and talk to either Martha or John. John is the owner and Martha is his wife. John is a really cool guy and he will hook you up with what ever you want.

HS does tend to get things confused sometimes, but that happens when you are a small operation (7 employees) that sells to both consumers and companies in a rush. Anyhow, you will thuroughly enjoy your new intake and header when you get them.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do you become a SERCA member. Thats awesome 30% discount. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Go to their website download the membership form. print it out, fill it in and send it in with the appropriate payment. It'll take a few weeks to get your membership processed but you will love all the benifits and the things we do.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Off topic here but BRITCG20 how did you get your timing to 25 with out the engine knock. What OCtane do you run. How many horses did you gain.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Crazy 26* timing

HAHAHAHA! Crazy huh? Actually it's 26* But it's true. The max is supposed to be 22* but somehow mine is really wack. When I was at the dyno a couple weeks ago I adjusted my timing for peak performance. When I got on the rollers I thought I had 19* timing, but when I ran the timing light it said 31*! WTF!?! It had me, Mike Kojima, and Rob Cadle (SERCA guys) all scratching our heads. We had no idea how the hell my car was not detonating or even that it started in the first place. So I retarded it back to 19* and lost 4hp. This had us really cofused. Apparently my car likes seriously advanced timing. We all agreed to advace it to 24. We got the 4hp back, but we decided to go a little higher since we knew it wouldn't detonate. So we brought up to 26 and gained 2 more hp. We left it there. So after all that I'm advaced 26* and putting down 137 hp at the wheels. That's 2hp higher than normal.

As for ideas how my car can go above 22*:

Timing marks WAY off
Timing chain streched

Those are the only ideas at the moment. But as for what it really is I really have no clue. So since no one I know has a confident hypothesis about what it could be I just call my car "The Freak Car" since it is a freak of nature.
As for idle, it's normal (850rpm). The car pulls hard and feel great. I do not reccomend trying to advance your timing as high as mine because it likely wont work but more importantly your car WILL detonate like a bomb unless you run race gas all the time (110 octane). Even if you do run the race gas there's still a good chance it could still detonate. But my car seems to work fine with the crappy 91 octane.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I would guess the timing marks are off.
That would be my guess too. But by 10*? That seems like a lot to me. That really seems extreme. I don't know how nissan would let an engine out of the factory with the timing that far off. That is why it puzzles me. I would understand it if I had the UR pullies, but my pullies are stock. Hmmmmm...

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had the same problem with my timing, except much worse. The harmonic damper delaminated from the inner part of the pulley, and it would just spin and screech, it had me stumped for a while. I had a long thread on it somewhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts