Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pining for "DMSentra"
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for help on installing a sub and amp. It's a 92 with factory amps so far, speakers have been changed out.
Is it a simple go to add a sub and amp to these? High level inputs to the amp would be good for simplicity, right?

Oh, the amp in mind at the moment is a Kicker 2 channel. Don't know the model yet though.

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
A lot of people have gone that route...sub with stock setup. All you need is a converter then you should be good...

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
Its a convertrer that lets you connect RCA's using a deck with no RCA jacks to use for your subs. I really don't know how it does it but I know you can buy it at Best Buy for twenty something dollars hahaha :p

What kinds of setup do you have? meaning what kind of head unit/deck and speakers?

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Not really sure what your setup is, its kind of unclear what you're asking... do you have a stock head unit or an aftermarket unit? If you have an aftermarket doesn't have a seperate set of no-amped outputs? or were you planning on spliting the subs off of the rear speakers?

·
Pining for "DMSentra"
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's the daughter's car so I'm kinda trying to remember what's what. It's stock head and I don't know what the speakers are. We are going to take the Alpine rears and Infinity fronts from my donor parts car and set her up with the sub too. I am hoping to tap the rear speaker wires for running the sub. Will that work with the converter?

Ugly, how do you post the feedback link in your post like that?

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
http://www.caraudiohelp.com/ohms_law/ohms_law.htm

I would go off the stock rear amp just like this as a parallel wiring setup. Imagine the amp in the picture as the "stock g20 rear amp." No imagine the one of the speakers as a subwoofer, I would use my other amp in between the G20 amp and the speaker to give those subs the extra kick they'll need. The resistance of the speakers and amp should be ok, and you shouldnt mess up anything electrically.

When you wire up the amp for your sub, make sure you find a Great Grounding Source! This will extend the life of the amplifier and will improve on the quality of sound from your speakers.

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
EPSentra said:
Ugly, how do you post the feedback link in your post like that?
-Go to your feedback thread
-Copy the URL
-Go to User CP
-Click Edit Signature
-Click Insert Hyperlink
-Name title of link
_Paste your URL
-Save Signature

1 - 9 of 9 Posts