Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've read that people have put subs and an amp in there car with the stock system and that all you need is an adapter. Where can I get this and how does it sound. I'm no sound guru or anything so I'm not gonna change my whole stock system, I just want more bass. Also if I do this should I get two separate sub boxes for two subs or just one. One last thing which is the best sub/amp combo. I plan on getting two tens. Sorry about all these questions I'm new to this sound stuff.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a basslink sub with my stock system and I think it sounds realy good myself. The guy that installed it sold me the stupid adapter kit and hooked it up with rca jacks but had to run the low level to get it to turn on, and it wasn't sounding to good so I took a look at it and found out the adapter wasn't doing shit and it was just running off the low levels and he had hooked it up after the bose amp and it was making it sound like crap so I just pulled out all of his crap and re wired it myself with out the adapter and before the bose amp, now it sounds much better.
So thats my advice, find an amp with low level inputs and just use them instead of using an adapter and it should sound fine as long as you splice it in before the bose amp.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I use my bose system with my 12' subs and amp and sounds pretty dam good. The only thing your missing when you do this, is that your actually sound (not bass) is not as loud as you really want. But don't get me wrong, I'm 100% satisfied with the quality of my whole system. It's a good choice if ya just want the bass. They had to put some adapter on mine too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You dont always need the adapter. I ran my Lighting Audio 500.2 using the speaker level inputs from the rear speakers, right out of the amp under the rear deck. Of course Im not sure how this holds true for anything other then the 99'. I can tell you the wire colors I tapped into if you want.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just want to let anyone here that want subs know that I do have some for sale. http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=474

I have stuff on ebay that I can sell to you guys too, just let me know. I have bazooka 10'' powered basstube, 12'' Ultra Linear subwoofer. Let me know if you guys need any of that.

·
Registered
144 Posts
hey, you said you wanted a pair of tens and im selling my 2 10s. they are infinity kappa perfects in a small sealed box. i want 350

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a 12" JL Audio W3 D4 powered by a 450 waat kenwood amp. No adapter needed. I had it all done at Tweeter. He overrode the stock amp and its all powered by my amp. Definatally noticed a little more power in the speakers with the new amp. I'd definatally recomend JL. It's a bit expensive but the sound quality is amazing. I'm really happy with my set up. I want to change my head unit but not yet...am using that money for new wheels and WW front lip

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check out E-bay for JL stuff. I got 2 brand new 12W3's (no box) for $100 a piece on there. JL is well worth it. I spent $500 on 2 the two woofers, a Lightning Audio 500.2 amp, 4 gauge power kit and materials for a box. My friend spent the same at Circuit City and only got 2 kenwoods in a box and a weak amp. In other words, use E-bay!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just make sure your bidding on a brand new factory sealed one from someone with a lots of good feedback.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Does anyone know the wire colors to splice (before the stock amp) on a 2002 G?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts