Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one here had both in a trunk? i kno that a sealed box will created better SQ and tighter bass while the ported will sound louder with less power at the cost of SQ..so my question is..is there any benefit in having both a sealed and a ported box in the same trunk? like best of both worlds?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
....it will be louder but with lower sq.... like when a tall person and a short person hump, they make somethng in the middle....stay with sealed

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool..i have em both sealed..just wondering..

·
Registered
796 Posts
GDub26 said:
has any one here had both in a trunk? i kno that a sealed box will created better SQ and tighter bass while the ported will sound louder with less power at the cost of SQ..so my question is..is there any benefit in having both a sealed and a ported box in the same trunk? like best of both worlds?
Lest both boxes had the same frequency response, you would get cancelation. That would make the bass sound less impactful. If the frequency response was the same then there would be no point in having one box type of each as the net result would be the same as having two of the same box type. (I hope that made sense)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it made sense..to me.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
it could probably be made to work to an advantage if you could get all of the equipment to work to a very specific spec. it should also be pretty high end equipment.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Diamond_G said:
Lest both boxes had the same frequency response, you would get cancelation. That would make the bass sound less impactful. If the frequency response was the same then there would be no point in having one box type of each as the net result would be the same as having two of the same box type. (I hope that made sense)
x2, I installed for 4 years for credibility

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've had both so far I prefer my subs sealed and facing downward. just gives a better boom i think

1 - 9 of 9 Posts