Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all...

so its raining quite hard these days and during the hard rains my sunroof seems to be leaking. The water is coming from the light at the front... i dont know how to describe it well... but the light with the button straight over say the shifter on the autos. i will draw a pic...

|-------------------------|
| |
| LIGHT |
| |
|-------------------------|

|------------------|
| BUTTON |
|------------------|

so ya... its leaking kind of just at the bottom of the light ... I am guessing a drain tube is cracked or something. What would be the easiest way to get in there and see what it is? take the light assembly off? How would i do that?

Thanks for anyyyyyyyyy help

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
good luck on this.

I would open up the sunroof and see if the tubes are cleared. Then if you have an air compressor, use a blow gun down the holes. Also you might want to check to see if your sunroof closes evenly.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Pray that is all it is. Mine was doing the exact same thing. It turns out the hinges were bent slightly so the roof was sitting kind of cock-eyed. In came the water - so much that the drain tubes couldn't handle it.

$3 in silicone fixed it nice. Of course it won't open anymore......

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmmm sounds like this is gonna suck... haha...i might have to do just do that silicone thing and void its functionallity.

but did anyone else have it coming in and leaking through the light like i explained???

·
Registered
333 Posts
yes i have seen this in one or two previous threads. its something about how the opening is sealed in the front, above the light fixture. disassemble the sunroof to inspect and fix. its a good chance to clean up the rails and everything else that gets dirty.

·
Registered
333 Posts
oh yeah, here are the disassembly instructions from my FSM:
1- Fully close or tilt up sun roof lid assembly. Fully open sun roof shade assembly. Remove clips and side trim.

2- Close sun roof lid, and remove the six nuts from the back of the sun roof lid.

3- Lift out sun roof away from roof.

4- Pull sun roof shade forward.

5- Remove the four shade locks located beside sun roof shade.

6- Remove sun roof shade.

7- Remove sun roof motor assembly.

8- Disconnect interior lamp harness.

9- Disconnect front and rear drain hoses.

10- Remove nuts and bolts securing sun roof rails.

11- Remove sun roof rail assembly.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
333 Posts
yeah, getting it back together will be the real test. i doubt you will need to mess with the head liner. its probably just a silicone fix anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts