Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all I have a Sunny that I'll be putting a P10 engine and other goodies in there!

Here she is;

This is what will be happening​

Full brand new sills welding in, both sides - all rot GONE (thanks to my dad who has volunteered to do this ;) and everything else I'll need help on :D )
Any inner arch rot GONE (my dad thinks he saw some last time we were underneath)
Waxoyl everything new we do
Pulsar Spoiler
De-cat (I want more noise :rolleyes: ) DONE
Battery relocation to the boot
TB3 (The Big Three)

Engine Conversion - from 1.6 to 2.0 using a Primera GT engine (Or SE engine)

Primera GT Engine
Primera GT ECU
Primera GT Gearbox
Primera GT Loom
Primera GT MAF (or z32)
Walbro 255 Fuel pump
Primera GT Rear Brakes

And other goodies from a GT/SE

Once I get the above running I'll be driving like that for a while.

Then after a bit more saving up;

ACT Organic Clutch
550cc Injectors
Dastek Unichip
Pulsar GTi-R Exhaust Manifold with T28
Pulsar GTi-R Pistons
FMIC (custom made by a mate)
Running around 8psi at least for running it in ;)
I'll be getting the intercooler made this size;

Extra's
GTiR Head
GTiR Throttle Bodies

I intend to get her turbo'ed before Japfest (UK)

I'll post up my progress as I go along

The thing I have to say I'm not looking forward to doing is, drilling a hole in the boss but then again, that's were my dad will come into play :naughty:

Few days ago

My dad making me a decat pipe;

Was going to sort the sills out on the same day but the metal didn't arrive - so should be doing that this Friday/Saturday

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Why not an eGT engine with the sodium filled exhaust valves. Also a P11 GT ECU will have NATS, I dunno how you'll get round that so again a P10 eGT ECU would be simpler as early ones (up to '94) didn't have NATS.

Why get S3R cams if you're gonna swap to a GTi-R head ??

Primera brakes will need some messing with as the PCD is different on the discs.

Good luck with it all =)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
markbuts3 said:
Why not an eGT engine with the sodium filled exhaust valves. Also a P11 GT ECU will have NATS, I dunno how you'll get round that so again a P10 eGT ECU would be simpler as early ones (up to '94) didn't have NATS.
I was gonna go GT but I've been told some of the main differences between the GT and SE will be getting changed anyways (cams and manifold?)
It depends which ones comes along first I suppose...

markbuts3 said:
Why get S3R cams if you're gonna swap to a GTi-R head ??
Whoops forgot I left them on there (copied and pasted :shhh: )

markbuts3 said:
Primera brakes will need some messing with as the PCD is different on the discs.
Bugger... ah well - all part and parcel of the fun... I may look at GTiR rear brakes instead then

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Well all P11s will have NATS in the ECU.
Yes the lower spec P11 SR20s will get up to the same power with the exhaust manifold, inlet cam and ECU changed. The rev limit is lower on lower spec P11s.

There are other differences though, the oil pump is a higher capacity and pressure on the GT iirc.

·
Banned
65 Posts
i think 550cc injectors for a t28 turbo is kind of not enough... it has to be at least 650+ if u want it to run smooth and no hassle...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts