Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a warm climate and generally raise the rear of my 2001 G20's sunroof when parking to lower interior temp as much as possible. Everything works fine now but curious if there's any parts that should be lubed with ??? and just in case, is there a method of manually closing it?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I believe there is a manual method. You have to pull off the panel at the front and there will be a female hex bolt which can open/close the roof if the motor dies. I'm not sure about the lube.

·
Registered
20,764 Posts
Yeah if the motor dies, you can removed the panel and manually crank it. I believe you should have a hex tool in the tool pouch with the rest of the jack parts.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe there is a manual method. You have to pull off the panel at the front and there will be a female hex bolt which can open/close the roof if the motor dies. I'm not sure about the lube.

Previous to the '01 I had a '93 and IIRC there was mention of a procedure in the owner's manual, nothing mentioned in the '01s manual. I wonder if the mechanism was changed?

·
The figure it out guy...
1,348 Posts
Large flat blade screwdriver to manually open and close sunroof on P11.... Under dome cover.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys! I pulled down that cover, looks like it was made to receive a tool that would be something like a round shaft that would fit the center and have a pin cross-wise thru it fitting in the slot but a large flat blade should work fine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a different problem with the sunroof in my P11. The "tab" or whatever it is that hooks into the glass and slides back or forward on the track broke, on the driver's side. Anyone else know what I'm talking about or had that happen? It's this little tab the size of a nickel maybe, and it slides on its own now since it's not connected to the rest of the "sliding mechanism" - (sorry I don't know how else to put it)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a different problem with the sunroof in my P11. The "tab" or whatever it is that hooks into the glass and slides back or forward on the track broke, on the driver's side. Anyone else know what I'm talking about or had that happen? It's this little tab the size of a nickel maybe, and it slides on its own now since it's not connected to the rest of the "sliding mechanism" - (sorry I don't know how else to put it)

Are you maybe talking about the plastic leading edge that snaps onto the upholstered panel that slides beneath the glass 'moonroof'? I forget exactly what it looked like but I went to close that panel one day and one side of it was loose as some of the plastic tabs that attach it to the panel had snapped. I used some construction adhesive to reattach the plastic leading edge and it's been fine ever since.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Are you maybe talking about the plastic leading edge that snaps onto the upholstered panel that slides beneath the glass 'moonroof'? I forget exactly what it looked like but I went to close that panel one day and one side of it was loose as some of the plastic tabs that attach it to the panel had snapped. I used some construction adhesive to reattach the plastic leading edge and it's been fine ever since.

I *think* we are talking about the same thing.
When you press the button, you can just watch it slide and not "pull" the rest of it and thus the sunroof doesn't work correctly. It's easy to see what's wrong because I can simply compare it to the other side of the sunroof that's not broken, you can see what it's supposed to do on the passenger side and what's messed up on the driver's.

It's a small oddly shaped piece, kind of shaped like this " ~p " - best I can do without a pic. So you are saying you used a strong glue to reattach it - I will definitely give that a try and let you know. Also perhaps I should take a photo and post it here

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I *think* we are talking about the same thing.
When you press the button, you can just watch it slide and not "pull" the rest of it and thus the sunroof doesn't work correctly. It's easy to see what's wrong because I can simply compare it to the other side of the sunroof that's not broken, you can see what it's supposed to do on the passenger side and what's messed up on the driver's.

It's a small oddly shaped piece, kind of shaped like this " ~p " - best I can do without a pic. So you are saying you used a strong glue to reattach it - I will definitely give that a try and let you know. Also perhaps I should take a photo and post it here

Yes. if we're talking about the same thing, there's a plastic piece with a central depression that serves as a handle that's at the front of the upholstered sliding panel. I forget exactly how they clip together but it's not unusual for plastic to become brittle with age and some little tabs snapped off. I looked at it from the inside to see how it fit together and applied adhesive to the appropriate places and held it together with spring clothespins until the adhesive cured. Sorry I can't give you more details but we're right in the middle of Florence and riding out the storm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts