Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have this really annoying squeek in my p10. it seems only to happen when i step on the gas from a stop, or also when going at a steady speed on the freeway. somewhat hard to tell as my exhaust is loud as hell. but it definately stops when i take my foot completely off the gas like to shift or idleing. seems to do it with the car vibrations and not wheel rotations.

it sounds like its coming from inside the dash area, but that could also be suspension related too i guess. its a repedative squeek that squeeks maybe 2-3 times per second, maybe a little faster at higher speeds. im gonna poke around this weekend a little, but any ideas on what this may be? or what to look for? i was thinking possibly suspension bushing but it not related to bumps or turns at all, just vibration it seems.

yes another squeek thread, i searched but i couldnt find anything that was exactly what i am looking for.

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
if you notice that squeal that also contributes to your lights slightly dimming when youre comming to a stop, its your alty belt.

if you notice it when youre turning your wheel all the way in either direction it should be the power steering belt

if youre like me. you have both to adjust :cheese:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with my P11. I can hear it when I'm driving slowly and whenever I go over bumps at slow speed. It seems to be coming from the front suspension. I haven't gotten it checked out yet, but when I do I'll post my findiings.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Also try turning your AC/heater fan off and see if the sound goes away.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Gwhizz said:
I'm having a similar problem with my P11. I can hear it when I'm driving slowly and whenever I go over bumps at slow speed. It seems to be coming from the front suspension. I haven't gotten it checked out yet, but when I do I'll post my findiings.

I have a similar problem in my P11. I located the squeek by raising the hood and manually making the car "bounce." the squeek is coming from the bushing at the top of the front right shock. Now i just have to figure out what caused the shock to become mis-aligned, and what i need to do to fix/prevent this from happeneing in the future. I was able to get it to stop making the noise by putting grease around the effected area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts