Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,i have front wheels with lots of positive camber and the other side with lots of negetive camber,will these adjustable top links help solved this issue,the car has just passed a MOT last week and the wheels have been like this for around 2 years,i always get severe pulling to the right due to the positive camber and it's always wearing my tire on that side too.

Tracking was done around 6 weeks ago,now the tracking is miles out again :depressed

The suspension checks out to be fine,most is all new,like top links,lower arms,middle links,dampers,driveshafts,drop links,etc etc

But i get a random hollow knock which i can heard and felt sometimes under by the pedals,yet everything seems good ie new parts also :confused:

And could it be because of the camber problem,that's why my driver side front wheels sits out from the arch by 1/2 inch and the pass side front wheel sits in the arch by nearly 1 inch ? I am hoping i can square up the wheels with the adjustable top links ?

I must of spent more money on tracking and rubber than anything else since owning this car,which is a Uk p11 Gt,car drives excellent apart from excessive pulling !

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Motor mounts are good as i know,i mean front and rear are poly,the sides are not mint but still good,i have tested then by prying then,a bit of movement but not much,so are you saying you might think the subframe have moved maybe ?

·
Premium Member
5,873 Posts
If your steering wheel is doing this under braking, your LCA bushings are shot, this is super common and is the easiest symptom to diagnose.

It can make your camber go out of wack too from the BOTTOM of the wheel, not the top UCA. When you brake, the LCA pushes left or right (tire in or out, causing your camber issue) and causes the car to dart around as well. You can test this by jackup up the car and taking a wedge breaker bar, put it between the motor and the LCA and pull side to side, if there is any movement (meaning the wheel assembly itself moves left or right), you need new LCA bushings.

Here is the P11 thread for everything you need.

http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread...Moog-and-Energy-Suspension&highlight=bushings

I know you mention things are mostly new, but even new "like OEM" LCA's have horrible bushings that flex or crack easily.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
If your steering wheel is doing this under braking, your LCA bushings are shot, this is super common and is the easiest symptom to diagnose.

It can make your camber go out of wack too from the BOTTOM of the wheel, not the top UCA. When you brake, the LCA pushes left or right (tire in or out, causing your camber issue) and causes the car to dart around as well. You can test this by jackup up the car and taking a wedge breaker bar, put it between the motor and the LCA and pull side to side, if there is any movement (meaning the wheel assembly itself moves left or right), you need new LCA bushings.

Here is the P11 thread for everything you need.

http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread...Moog-and-Energy-Suspension&highlight=bushings

I know you mention things are mostly new, but even new "like OEM" LCA's have horrible bushings that flex or crack easily.
If Cavern is correct, I did a recent rebuild of the stock front LCA's with all aftermarket bushings and ball joints. I've been driving my car for a few days now, and even with blown out front shocks, it really tightened up the slop and pulling I was feeling before. Especially on freeways where our lanes are pitched pretty heavily to one side or another. The polyurethane feels great.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its only pulls to the right just before coming to a slow stop at road ends,the steering wheel can turn as much as a third sometimes,and if i straighten it up again,same will happen again ! Always pulls to the right and only wears that tyre,never the passenger side !

But if i try a fast stop,it brakes straight and true.

I just seem to have a unnatrual force which i think is cause by positive camber on the driver side,i need to figure why though,constant pull on motorway etc to the extent of where my hand hurts,no kidding.

·
Premium Member
5,873 Posts
Its only pulls to the right just before coming to a slow stop at road ends,the steering wheel can turn as much as a third sometimes,and if i straighten it up again,same will happen again ! Always pulls to the right and only wears that tyre,never the passenger side !

But if i try a fast stop,it brakes straight and true.

I just seem to have a unnatrual force which i think is cause by positive camber on the driver side,i need to figure why though,constant pull on motorway etc to the extent of where my hand hurts,no kidding.
If you can mash the gas and it pulls as well, this is the same issue as is under braking. I went through just the other day and replaced my LCA's because going down the freeway if I pushed the gas (even slightly), it would pull to one side, which also caused uneven tire wear.

Just a few things to try at least.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Funny you should say that,a while back,when i mashed the gas in second to third gear,from around 40 to 70+,the whole car pulls to the right and then sways from side to side,very weird feeling ! Very loose felling etc.This has happened maybe 5 times in total.

However this has not happened for about 2 months now.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Little update,if i wiggle the steering wheel a little,the rack knocks loud from the driver side end with engine turned off,and i have notice that the whole racks moves, just a little(couple of mm) but it does move,when wiggling the wheel just lightly.

It's not the inner tie rods as these are new.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Pull your tires off and get in there with a pry bar. This will go on forever until you stop trying to diagnose the issues outside of the car. You need to pull some things apart, and putting pressure on the points of the suspension that keep the car under control.

Also inspect major components of the suspension for bends, or bolts that may be loose. You've been given good advice on some good places to get started.

·
Registered
13,217 Posts
I've probably destroyed my LCA bushings about 4 times while tracking my car over 6 years or so, the tall tell sign is pulling under breaking.
Yup.. sometimes (depending on track) we would destroy LCA superpro bushings in 1 just weekend on the g20! (did that with brand new super pro bushings on our former p10 3 day weekend at Milwaukee Mile.. damn that track to hell!.. lol) <-- We haven't been back to that track since! ...just too hard on equipment with the banking turns and transitions to infield and back out to oval!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.