Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, from what I gather I still would like a little more insight on what a good coilover setup would be recommended from this group... from the posts here I have read everything from GC's suck to GC's are the greatest since sliced bread. I have read that Tiens are cool and that maybe I shold wait for the Tein SS's. So here is what I am going to ask, from what you guys have tried, (and please no Intrax, they suck) what is a good overall lowering comfortable ride combo in suspension upgrades. I know this might be one of those "it is all in the eye of the beholder" things but I am looking for some help since the Intrax bounce like there is no tomorrow and my car seems to bottom out more than it should... TIA

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Price is not so much the object, just want a comfortable ride wit a decent ability to handle the road. so for arguments sake $1500 give or take a couple $100's here and there.

95_g20_P10 - raven you have a pic of your Exahust?? i might be gettin that MX. how do you like it?
no I do not have a pic of my exhaust but I like it, a little throatier than stock but not that evil Blat sound... :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'd say go for the shigspeed setup. I don't really know where to get them from but they feature shortened Koni shocks and struts and GC coilovers. You get more travel even when lowered, should be a nice comfy ride. I, of course, can't afford that much so I'm going with the GC/AGXs since they've been proven to perform well in the street and track

Joe:cool:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'd recommend either JIC or Shigspeed. They're around the same price. JIC is more on the performance/competition side, whereas Shigspeed is more on the comfort side. Of course, a lot of the performance/comfort depends on the spring rates you choose.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would say go for kgmm spring they are the best spring the no1 spring in the world I think they are good with ride ............and no sound like H&R i think
and suspension i would go for tein or jic i think cause they are good man..~~

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
ill have to say the TIENs Type NA, very streetable with pretty good handling and priced at 850 from digitalracer i believe. the rest might be a lil too extreme for the road. i think G-Forces had these on his car, u might wanna ask him.

·
Registered
199 Posts
ill have to say the TIENs Type NA, very streetable with pretty good handling and priced at 850 from digitalracer i believe. the rest might be a lil too extreme for the road. i think G-Forces had these on his car, u might wanna ask him.
He's got a p10, no Teins available.

Joe:-\

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ShigSpeed.

So where does one get information on ShigSpeed suspensions as well as prices and specs and... :confused:

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'd say start a thread with Shigspeed in the title and where to get them. I think there are at least 2 guys in this forum who have them including the original. IIRC, they're custom made from your stock shocks so it may require down time. I think they're priced at around $1500. Hope this helps.

Joe;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
ShigSpeed

There was a thread a couple months back that had a lot of information about ShigSpeed in it. I happen to be one of the lucky ones to have a shigspeed suspension. I was actually the first prototype. For around $1500 you can get a shortened single externally adjustable (for *rebound* only) setup. I am personally running 380/300 springs (I don't think I know of anyone else running rates that high, most GC/AGX guys are running 350/275). You can get a pretty much custom setup so details, specs, and price depend on what you want. You can email me at [email protected] if you want more information and I can also refer you on to Scott (ShigSpeed).

Hmm...maybe we should start a thread on ShigSpeed stuff, seems there aren't many details out there.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
There was a thread started around the time this forum opened up, maybe just repost information in that? Once the full g20.net site opens up we can make the information available there too.

BTW, most of the GC's are at 340/250, nmot 340/275 :p I'm thinking about going stiffer with mine, but then i see the crappy roads of Tucson and forget all about that. :-\

1 - 15 of 15 Posts