Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well last night as i was driving my car going over lil bumps my front right suspension sounded like it was bottoming out... the bumbs were way small to cuase it so this morning when i check to se if i have some how blown my brand new agx's i find this.

it seems that the spring has suddenly been compressed alot more then usual... Just by looking at it i cant really figure it out... and dont have the time to take the stuff apart... anyone have any ideas on whats wrong... and safety of still driving the car or should i let it sit till i get it taken apart... thanks... well im running agx and stechs..

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
I have seen some one for get to install them and seen the same thing.
but like you said take the wheel of and inspect.
Eric bronx gave me a story on how on of his struts went and put a hole in his hood as well

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
well the bumpstops dont sit in a position that hold the car up at all. they essentially are floating around until the shocks compressed. so even if it came off, it wouldnt do that, it would just compress further and bottom the shock out over bumps

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah ill have to find time tomorrow to take a look at it... i gotta take the wheel off and pretty much drop the whole strut to figure it all out... guaranteed not bumpstops i can see them with out taking anything off they are in once peice.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yea, it looks like your springs slipped off the metal brackets...either at the top or bottom. You can find what you need on a partout. You can fix this yourself.

·
Registered
494 Posts
p10det said:
I have seen some one for get to install them and seen the same thing.
but like you said take the wheel of and inspect.
Eric bronx gave me a story on how on of his struts went and put a hole in his hood as well
Eric's problem was cause he had the mep mounts which moved it higher.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im going to jack the car up and leave it

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
think about this:
i just thought of this. the top portion of the shock has bushings and whatnot. if the bottom mount broke off the car would sit lower BUT the top wouldnt push up because the tophat setup is fixed on the piston. it would have to get pushed down the piston over the lip that holds it up. so you must have pushed the tophat setup over the lip to have it come up the top like that

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you got me a lil confused ryan.... i just checked my agx and the lower mount did not slip... i now get what you are saying ryan... normally the tophat holds the piston in place causing it to retract in to the strut its self... but for some reason it has slipped on me.. and the tophat is no longer holding the rod... now causeing the rod to pop out under the hood instead of retracting into the strut.. does it make sence what i'm tryign to say...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts