Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo peeps.

I am taking my car to the stealership and they are gonna inspect front end and back suspension alignment and everything. QUESTION. The car has 165,000 miles and has never had any suspension parts replaced to my knowledge. If i get new shocks... say KYB's... would i need new springs??? Or will my stock ones work with em??? Somebody told me i would need new springs as well if i changed the shocks.

Also does anyone know a good place to get some good shocks?? I saw some kyb's on ebay for like 220 i think. Also, I DO NOT want to lower the car.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
No you do not have to replace the springs. At that mileage you need to check the ball joint on the lower control arm, and the upper link for wear. If these are worn the suspension will never stay in alignment.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i am positive they are worn... this thing tore through tires after an alignment in just 5000 kms... so i am sure thats worn.

THIS IS GONNA COST A LOT!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
You should get a quote from the dealership. This type of work can be done by anyone. The lower control arms (with ball joint) are available from just about any parts store locally or on the internet, as well as tie rod ends. The upper link you might have to get from the dealership or everythingG20.com

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i was going to get them to give me a quote about what needs to be replaced then i was gonna get the parts myself since i know they will overprice them.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no... i dont have a trusted mechanic. I will just take it to the dealership. tis ok. I get 50% off work too :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well its at the dealership today... i will through the estimate on here when i get it for all to see.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well upper control arm on both sides is bent inward... so replacing both control arms and bushings with em. comes to $780 with tax and labor included.

:D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alrighty... this is old but i am reviving it for people to learn :D

Its in the dealership right now so i will post up how it drives when i get it back. Hopefully the whole loose steering and ANNOYING AS HELL squeek from the front left is gone.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow... so just got back

came to $655 total... they gave me the alignment for free and everything feels much better now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts