Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of front Koni Special shocks that I have been waiting to put on my '99 G20. I'd like to get the rears, but they're another $250 or so. I'm replacing my shocks strictly because I've got around 98k on the stocks and I'd like to restore the ride quality. I have no suspension mods, and don't desire any performance improvements. Would it be a terrible idea if I were to get a set of GR2s for the rear instead of the Konis, seeing as they're so much cheaper?

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
nah from what I understand GR2's are basically OEM replacements...a lot of people here have them.

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
if anything, one will be stiffer than the other. shouldnt be noticeable i dont think though.

personally id make a profit on selling the konis and buying all gr2s new on ebay. if youre not looking for any lowering or any better performance, and you want ride quality, go gr2.

konis not lowered would probably be pretty stiff.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking that, but I only have the front 2 Konis which run around 225 shipped or so, so at most I'd be breaking even by selling them for the GR2s. Also the konis are adjustable so hopefully they can get pretty soft, cause I'll only be setting them once...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts