Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 g20 sport
so after finally buying the wheels/tires i really wanted (konig crosshairs 18x7.5 on 225/40's), the struts have given in. it was something i knew would happen anyhow (the car has 82k on the originals, and the stock front left wheel had a vibration because of a bend). there is some clunking goin on up front and im willing to attribute almost 100 percent of it to the struts. of course, id imagine some tightening needs to take place on the end links and arms as well.
anyway, i am experiencing some VERY minor rub on the right side when turned all the way, but nothing to write home about. i am looking for a suspension package, and am taking suggestions. i do not need the adjustability of coilovers as this is a second car and will not be raced. i am looking for about 1.5in up front and the same or less in the back--nothing crazy. i want something that will handle tight enough for some "spirited" driving, but will not make it impossible to take a few friends along for the ride.

finally, i am looking to spend something along the average without going cheap or going ccrazy.... here is what i was considering--

hr springs
eibach springs

however, what is the recommendation for shocks? any comments would be greatly appreciated. also, remember that clearance is an issue with these wheels and tires. also, i remember from other cars ive owned that other things can start clanking around up front, but im pretty sure the struts are responsible. when i finally figure out how to use photobucket on this site, i will post pictures, but my point is that this car is immaculate and the 82k are from a garage kept, original owner

thanks in advance,
scott

·
Registered
360 Posts
not sure about shocks but def drop the car with eibach springs...i used eibach springs and dropped it about 1.5" and you have much more control over the car and the car looks awesome with the minimal gap in the wheel well...personally i think its a necessity...not sure if you would have any rubbing with the tires if you lowered it..but thats my two-cents is to drop it..

·
Registered
494 Posts
Well if your interested, Im NYC and have H&R springs for sale off my P11. It gives the perfect drop looks wise(1.5 F/R drop) and is comfortable and handles nicely. I have moved on to Tein SS so I no longer need them. I can help you install them for a great price too if interested! Let me know and pm me.

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
I would go with coil overs personally. by the time you buy springs and shocks, you are getting close to coil overs cost anyways. Another couple hundred $$ and you can adjust your ride height for winter etc... I too have the H&R springs on KYB GR2 shocks. Rides and looks GREAT but I can't adjust it for the winter, which I'm kicking my self for as we speak. OUCH!

·
Registered
360 Posts
yeah i forgot about that, its a bitch driving around in the snow while your front bumper is acting like a plow...now that i think about it i woulda went coil-overs if i wasnt in such a hurry

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
Jump on the TEIN SS group buy. You will not regret it.

im going to eventually...Im just trying to save up a little.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Well it all depends on how tight of a budget he has. For shocks though if you plan not to get coilovers I give my thumbs up for KYB AGX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts