Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, anyone care to school me on this. i am leaning towards the teins, is there anything extra by tein or other manufacturer to extend the suspension travel? if so, what is it called? and bumpstops? cutting the bumpstops may increase suspension travel a bit, but become more prone to bottom out? if so what is the use of having suspension travel if your gonna bottom out? is the idea you're getting a lil' bit smoother ride at the possibility of bottoming? maybe a basic list of pros & cons of bumpstop removal would be helpful. thanks.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
TEIN shocks are slightly shortened when compared to the stock shocks. It's not a whole lot (not like the JICs) maybe like 1/2". Anyway everylittle bit helps.

Cutting bumpstops is a really good idea. The key is to not take too much out of them or remove them completely. By cutting out 1 'doughnut' you'll increase your travel quite a bit. But you'll also still crash on the bumpstops before you bottom out your shocks. Removal is bad because you will bottom out your shocks eventually, unless you live in a city with glass smooth streets. Then you'll have you tell me where that is so I can move there. ;)

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
To increase the suspension travel on the rear you can get a set of Motivational Engineering's upper strut mounts.

I just had a set for sale in the Classifieds, but someone is already buying them. :(

www.motivational.net

1 - 3 of 3 Posts