Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I did the search and didn't realy find a good ansure. But I did find out that the 5 speed from a 91-94 SER, 91-92 NX2000, or 95-97 SER would swap into a p10. But what I realy want to know is how realistic would it be to convert an auto to a five speed. And also what tranny would be the best for 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Well if you are getting a used/ junked (not new or rebuilt) tranny i'm sure you can get a good deal and pay under 1000$ w/ installation...
but since you're already messing around the engine bay and swapping parts, you're best bet would be to get a bluebird det motor with tranny for about 2000$ with installation i'm guessing

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not quite the ansure I'm looking for. But good idea, if I'm going to fork out the cash and the BB comes with a tranny. My question is how hard will it be to mount a master cylinder, shifter, clutch peddle... do I have to cut holes or are there knock outs...CV shafts? And don't say "with enough money you can do anything," because I know that already.:lol:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
But the Bluebird tranny is AWD. Can that stilll be used in an FF car?

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
From what Ive read, most of the BB trannys are autos as well.

Another thing to consider are all the related items, new motor mount, radiator, pedal assembly, hydraulic cylinders, etc...etc...its a big project to say the least...unless you can source all these parts, oh yeah dont forget the clutch, then look at spending some extra cash....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
has anybody done it?

·
Registered
411 Posts
if u really want a manuel, ur best bet would be a car that was allready manuel. the biggest reason is that unless the install goes just right, ur car will never run like u want it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts