Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the symptoms of having a minor clogged catalytic converter? Could it be affecting my rough idle? My car also feels like power is fluctuating or possibly hesitating all the way up to 3K rpm and then it feels smoother after that....or could it be O2? This is all after I switched motors. This is Luke's old motor.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Triple check all the vacume lines and connections.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah my mechanic said it could be like a pinched vacuum or something but he checked and all the sensors...they seem good...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am experiencing a hesitation, or stumbling (maybe a miss) up to about 3k, then after that its gone, you dont feel it under heavy acceleration, just cruising to moderate.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
855 Posts
I think a clogged catalytic converter would act the same as a clogged exhaust meaning no power. The more you press on the gas the slower it goes. You should be able to put a vacuum gauge on it and slowly rev the engine. It the vacuum reading continues to fall, the exhaust could be clogged. I'm betting it's something else. Did the converter seem OK with it's previous engine?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
TY423 said:
What are the symptoms of having a minor clogged catalytic converter? Could it be affecting my rough idle? My car also feels like power is fluctuating or possibly hesitating all the way up to 3K rpm and then it feels smoother after that....or could it be O2? This is all after I switched motors. This is Luke's old motor.
Should feel pretty smooth but unwilling to rev. RPMs climb very slowly and sometimes will not surpass a certain point...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts