Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
very smart..i take it that you cant really be heard on everyday driving...keep it sleeper-ish

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
mrzuzzo said:
So if it's open on idle wouldn't that mean that there is unfiltered crap going into your turbo?
BOV goes on the charge pipe side of the turbo...
if its open at idle, air would be leaking out/in depending on what your turbo
is doing at idle.. at worst it would be unfiltered air going directly into the motor

·
Low is a Lifestyle
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EvilYak said:
SO is it leaking at idle? Seems like its open at idle...
I looked at it a few times and zoomed in , Im not sure if its open , maybe its the way it sits that makes it look open .....

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
BOV's aren't good for our cars with turbos on them since we have MAF style cars. unless you get rid of the maf then it doesn't matter. we have a measured ammount of air and a "leak" of air thats missing, so the computer system adds fuel since it thinks it has more air to work with...

as far as BOV's go though... i would agree that this one seems to be the way to go though

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
DragonEye said:
BOV's aren't good for our cars with turbos on them since we have MAF style cars. unless you get rid of the maf then it doesn't matter. we have a measured ammount of air and a "leak" of air thats missing, so the computer system adds fuel since it thinks it has more air to work with...

as far as BOV's go though... i would agree that this one seems to be the way to go though
That's why you recirculate the BOV air after the MAF so that the air just recirculates since it's allready been metered. Open BOV's are not good though you are right

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
P10 WRC said:
That's why you recirculate the BOV air after the MAF so that the air just recirculates since it's allready been metered. Open BOV's are not good though you are right

but its not a BOV then its a DV (diverter valve) or also called a Recirculation valve.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I think all of the Diverter Valves or Recirculation valves are spawn from Vdub ensuthiasts. Like greg said, "semantics".

On another note YOUTUBE no longer works on my web browser, it says either I have javascript turned off or my flashplayer is out of date. I've updated the flashplayer so can anyone tell me how to turn javascript back on?

Thanks.

Gmac

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
u can run the bov open if u run blow thru

1 - 20 of 23 Posts