Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive been very blind to this kind of stuff. everytime its time for an oil change, i go to the dealership and let them do the oil change. im always too busy speeding like hell and cornering like crazy and getting pulled over 100x.

so what is exactly going on with my car while im sitting my dumb ass in the waiting room reading magazines and sipping on free coffee? im guessing they are not using synthetic oil? so does that mean i have to request it or do i have to go to a non-dealership place for that stuff? hit me up about this.

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
most likely they dont use synthetic on your car. i have heard that you can request synthetic but i think it depends on the dealer. i have also wondered if my dealer does synthetic...

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
nope just throw it on in there.
you can also use some engine-restore if your
feeling like treating your G to somethin nice :shifty:
i felt a difference when i first switched over

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
If your going to do the switch to Synthetic, make sure to do an engine oil flush just before you switch over. And don't bother buying synthetic blends. All it needs to contain is 1% true synthetic oil to be called a 'blend'. So you paying a premium for a 'blend' when in fact it's 99% regular Dino oil.

Use the 'search' on 'oil change' or 'oil flush' 'oil treatment'. You'll get alot hits and alot of reading! LOL That's how I learned all about it! LOL

·
magnificent pooper
4,024 Posts
i dont buy blends, i usually just mix half and half to save some cash. so far on the G, all i've used is full synthetic, but i want to go back to the half and half formula, and was wondering if that's safe.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
ZaRPGfreak said:
i dont buy blends, i usually just mix half and half to save some cash. so far on the G, all i've used is full synthetic, but i want to go back to the half and half formula, and was wondering if that's safe.
No problem. Just make the change. Nothing else to do.

·
♥
3,947 Posts
royal purple ftw! or even better if you can source it... amsoil

1 - 15 of 15 Posts