Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just trying to draw some opinions on which one should I go? I like the real aluminum dash but i've heard it's kinda harder to install

·
Registered
470 Posts
umm real aluminum would scratch so easily. That's why the synthetic one is good. the real aluminum looks pretty phat but I don't know about the g20...I think the synthetic looks better on a g20...cuz there is so much of it.

like the is300 its all concentrated so looks phat but not with the g20

·
Registered
80 Posts
i wanna know the same thing... check out nick's car... i like this look... anyone know if this is synthetic or real? what does it look to you guys?? in my opinion.. it looks like real aluminum. Ive been looking for a aluminum kit too... maybe all of us who want one ( i know of a couple already) could decided on one, and maybe get a lil group discount. I think synthetic might match better with the guages on the 2002 sport... which is what i am trying to do. This guy nick got this on his car when he bought it from the dealership. I called them, and they said they only have wood grain kits... and the aluminum was prolly an aftermarket product installed by them. Well... email me if ur interested in getting a kit.. i wanna get one soon.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=200335&page=2

chris

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've asked him and he said it was a $600 option at the dealer, he thinks it's real aluminum... yup it looks tight. i'havent seen a synthetic one in person, but saw a lot of pics in here. They look kinda of plastic and yellowish to me, i don't know - maybe the pics didn't show clearly enough

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm not absolutely certain but looks like the same thing I have Brushed Aluminum Trim (synthetic). Synthetic eithe looks pure aluminum at times or doesn't at times. Really depends on the lighting.

But I'm prety sure you're save yourself a few headaches from scratches and what not with synthetic.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Chekmi21 said:
I'm not absolutely certain but looks like the same thing I have Brushed Aluminum Trim (synthetic). Synthetic eithe looks pure aluminum at times or doesn't at times. Really depends on the lighting.

But I'm prety sure you're save yourself a few headaches from scratches and what not with synthetic.

k, lemme get this straight... a "brushed aluminum trim" kit is a synthetic trim?? If it is.. then i think i know which one i want. Hey Chekmi21, where did you get your kit?? and do you have any pics of it?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as far as I know after talking to people and research on this forum, yes, synthetic aluminum = BA which costs about 150-180; whereas real aluminum costs around 230-260. In my opinion, the latter looks better but get scratched easily and it's harder to install coz it's metal (not easy to bend)

·
Registered
155 Posts

So anybody setting up a group buy with these aluminum dashes

or what cuz i want to get one for my 1999 g20t

1 - 10 of 10 Posts