Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Automotive Design Concept
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in MN and it has been about -1 to -15 degreese for the last week, and i have no heat. i have alredy replaced my T.stat what else would caus this??

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
It is possible that your coolant does not have the proper protection level and that you have a blockage (frozen water) in one of the heater hoses, or in the heater core. You will need to get the car to a warm place.
You can buy an antifreeze tester that looks exactly like a battery tester that will tell you your protection level.

·
Registered
582 Posts
NO HEAT comes out at all? or the blower is just not coming on ?

Chris

·
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a new blend of antifreeze and i put in 3 diferont tstats. when the car is at idle the motor temp will rise, but when i start to go (usallu on highways) the gage will fall towards cold and then i will have no heat. talked to a local guy and thay sayed that it might be a head gausket or the head it self is thei possable?? i only have 40,xxx mile son the motor.??

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
i doubt its a headgasket. are you sure you are installing the t-stat correctly? are you bleeding the system properly afterwards?? my temperature goes down significantly on the highway but i always have heat. it runs around 160*F when im on the highway and its cold out (granted not negative temps either).

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
I'd try bleeding the system again. My car always warms up in the morning, then gets nearly cold again on the highway. Once I drive the car a bit and the entire motor gets heat soaked, it stays warm no matter what speed. I think it's just waaaaaaaaaay too cold where you are for the motor to heat up properly. I wouldn't even go outside if it was that cold.

·
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had a mechanic instal the last t.stat and he bled out the systme for me.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Head gasket leak seems unlikely but can be checked. Talk to a shop that can test for combustion gas in the antifreeze.
Your car will definitely run cooler on the highway when it is -15F. Normally the extra flow through the heater core due to higher rpm will still give plenty of heat unless the heater core is restricting flow - then higher antifreeze temps during standing idle will produce more heat. I continue to think the problem is with heater core.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do you have good flow through the hvac vents? I've seen earlier g20s come in and have leaves and shit clogging up heater core and evaporator before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts