Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post so I'll say hi to everyone on the site:teeth:

Just bought a p11 GT yesterday and the radio wasn't working, this didn't bother me too much because the car seemed to be running fine....

I went about changing the radio in it today and found that the wiring harness wasn't in it (the wiring harness adaptor piece) so I looked in the glovebox and it was in there which I thought was strange, why bother have a cd player in but leave it disconnected?

So the radio worked anyway and I only had it plugged in for 2-3 min max when i heard this clicking kind of noise when I reckon sounded like a relay...

The tachometer stopped working there and then no rev limiter, speedo or milage/time clocks.

The cars still driving fine but I reckon there's something well fucked up with the electrics somewhere along the line.

I've taken out all the fuses and there all good but I don't know anything about relays tbh so I left them alone.

I searched for a bit and read from another thread that it could be an earth or altonator problem?

Any help however small would really be appreciated cause this is doing my head in:(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I dont like bumping a thread cause Im a noob here but please help me with this situation, If this helps explaining my situation any bit...... When the guy sold me the car he only gave me a key to open the car (no remote central locking) The car I was driving up until this was a 99 primera 1.6 p11 SRi (same year as my new GT) and it had full remote central locking....

Did this guy decide to not give me the remote cental locking remote's for a reason?
(electrics prob?)
Sorry for going on about it but its hard to find a GT primera in Ireland, I was looking for one for ages and when I finally do find and buy one it appears I've been robbed and the electrics are fuked

Some feedback soon would really help cause it feels like I've been burnt, I gave the fucker cash in hand for the car

Just someone please tell me soon if its a small problem like an altenator or bad earth or relay, If not I wanna give the sneaky prick who sold me the car some of my mind....

Please understand my situation, first time GT owner shelled out my hard earned cash and it appears this wankers after robbing me

Thanks in advance.... Someone Else

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe it may be in the best interest that you should visit an auto electrician to scan thru the defects, or do it yourself, firstly get the FSM for 99 look thru the electric section and the EC section and you'll be in to reslove whatever your issues are...good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply fosterr,

I looked up auto electricians in my area today and I'll call them tomorrow and see what they say, Im a bit short on cash at the moment to be honest so the end of your post interests me but I just dont understand it:baffled:

FSM?... EC section? sorry but can you break it down for me I have no idea what they are

get the FSM for 99 look thru the electric section and the EC section and you'll be in to reslove whatever your issues are...good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my first post so I'll say hi to everyone on the site:teeth:

Just bought a p11 GT yesterday and the radio wasn't working, this didn't bother me too much because the car seemed to be running fine....

I went about changing the radio in it today and found that the wiring harness wasn't in it (the wiring harness adaptor piece) so I looked in the glovebox and it was in there which I thought was strange, why bother have a cd player in but leave it disconnected?

So the radio worked anyway and I only had it plugged in for 2-3 min max when i heard this clicking kind of noise when I reckon sounded like a relay...

The tachometer stopped working there and then no rev limiter, speedo or milage/time clocks.

The cars still driving fine but I reckon there's something well fucked up with the electrics somewhere along the line.

I've taken out all the fuses and there all good but I don't know anything about relays tbh so I left them alone.

I searched for a bit and read from another thread that it could be an earth or altonator problem?

Any help however small would really be appreciated cause this is doing my head in:(
Hi there,

I'm having the same problem as this with a primera I just bought, and I'm wondering what you found to be the problem in the end? I've had the dash cluster checked but it was all good!
Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think the best way to find electrical issues is to figure out why that part isn't working, remove the instrument panel which is easy and a light tester(the one that lights up to see if you are getting power) for 15ish dollars or 18quid if you are getting power then its your part not working. If you have taped up wires check those for continuity(power) its a puzzle if it doesn't fit flip it around again this problems some times can be solve with simple hand tools you dont need to pay a mechanic 80-120 dollars to tell you theirs wiring issues when you already told him/her that. try it out if you have more questions post them up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts