Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any solutions for a bouncy tach. Its not related to engine performance. It seems to me to be a short or loose connection but i cannot locate the ignition wire.

·
Registered
20,818 Posts
It is probably the tach. There are crap electrolytic capacitors on the circuit board that fail and make intermittent bouncy on all 90s nissans.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is probably the tach. There are crap electrolytic capacitors on the circuit board that fail and make intermittent bouncy on all 90s nissans.
Im going to start searching for extra now so that way if it does eventually fail completely or i get tired of it, i can just replace it. Thats gonna be a hard find. I only see one instru cluster so far

·
Administrator
5,857 Posts
Yeah common problem I'm afraid. Comes and goes regardless of taking it off and cleaning the connectors.

·
Registered
20,818 Posts
Colin has said for at least ten years he’d take one apart and find the issue but he keeps buying new cars. I’ve kept my original plus two more tachs just in case.
I've only had 1 car actually do it. And I scraped that half of the car that had the bouncy tachometer in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts