Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
i think you need 1200*F paint for calipers. i used some 500*F paint on my calipers and it melts when you abuse the brakes and makes a mess

·
Registered
866 Posts
Bumping an old thread..

The paint on my Tein Basics is chipping and I would like to refinish them. Anyone found anything close? Doesn't have to be the exact color but close would be nice. I'm thinking of getting Rustoleum brand paint since they tend to hold up a lot longer.

·
Registered
866 Posts
you might try calling tein. They have lifetime warranties....

Also duplicolor has a leaf green paint that might be close.
Lifetime warranty on what? Tein told me their warranty is only good for one year. Maybe in the past they offered lifetime but now it's only 1 year from purchase.

·
Registered
866 Posts
It's worth a try I guess but IIRC Tein powdercoats their parts.

Worse comes to worse I am going to just paint these suckers black.

·
Registered
304 Posts
It's a great color match, but that's not going to stick to the rust very well at all. I'd suggest putting some POR15 http://www.por15.com/POR-15/productinfo/1GB/ on there, waiting 12 hours and then either using the stuff you bought already or this stuff from duplicolor - http://duplicolor.com/products/engine.html

The POR-15 is the stuff we use in my shop to prep surfaces that are rusted so that we can paint or Line-X it. This stuff is amazing. I used it on my hood to convert the rust to a paintable primered surface before I Line-X'ed a bra onto it.

I'd do it before painting your shocks if I were you.

·
Registered
866 Posts
It's a great color match, but that's not going to stick to the rust very well at all.
Yea Im going to take care of the rust then primer and paint :naughty:

Fullah, any update on your painted springs? pics?
I'll be painting the actual strut body and leaving the springs black because the paint on those are fine. I won't be painting these for another month or two because it's still 40 degrees here in NYC..it will take forever to dry!

I'll definitely update the thread once I paint them though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts