Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Takata/Tein Green paint??

16K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  rmyc 
#1 · (Edited)
hey, i was wondering where can i find some Takata/ Tein green spray paint..
i'm hoping some thing thats durable ..

looking for something that would handle some heat ie. springs

thanks

See less See more
#6 ·
i think you need 1200*F paint for calipers. i used some 500*F paint on my calipers and it melts when you abuse the brakes and makes a mess

#11 ·
Bumping an old thread..

The paint on my Tein Basics is chipping and I would like to refinish them. Anyone found anything close? Doesn't have to be the exact color but close would be nice. I'm thinking of getting Rustoleum brand paint since they tend to hold up a lot longer.

#18 ·
It's a great color match, but that's not going to stick to the rust very well at all. I'd suggest putting some POR15 http://www.por15.com/POR-15/productinfo/1GB/ on there, waiting 12 hours and then either using the stuff you bought already or this stuff from duplicolor - http://duplicolor.com/products/engine.html

The POR-15 is the stuff we use in my shop to prep surfaces that are rusted so that we can paint or Line-X it. This stuff is amazing. I used it on my hood to convert the rust to a paintable primered surface before I Line-X'ed a bra onto it.

I'd do it before painting your shocks if I were you.

#20 ·
It's a great color match, but that's not going to stick to the rust very well at all.
Yea Im going to take care of the rust then primer and paint :naughty:

Fullah, any update on your painted springs? pics?
I'll be painting the actual strut body and leaving the springs black because the paint on those are fine. I won't be painting these for another month or two because it's still 40 degrees here in NYC..it will take forever to dry!

I'll definitely update the thread once I paint them though.

#21 ·
Ok guys I have bad news-

The paint is a 98% match to the Tein Green. However, the paint did nothing but run when I sprayed it. It comes out too thick and even from 18 inches away and feathering the nozzle, overspray was something I couldn't avoid. It's not my fault lol, I've spray painted a lot of things, it's the paint. I ended up switching to a black duplicolor can with the fan type nozzle. I didn't have any overspray with it at all so it's definitely not user error.

It was worth a shot..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.