Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think the compressor bearings may be going bad. Hmm...
I was looking in the FSM and saw that there is a pulley set
That goes from the crank to the alternator only (for models
Without A/C) If I were to buy this belt (the one for the
Models without A/C) and bypass the A/C compressor, would
That do anything bad to the car as far as driving it around a
Bit to see if it go rid of that bearing noise?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey,

That sounds like a good idea, and perhaps better than what I did.

I had a problem with my compressor, and just bought a shorter belt . . .

I went to Pep Boys, researched the size for the belt on a non a/c SR20 (NX2000/ SE-R) . . . found the correct length, then looked for the correct belt with a few more ribs on it . . .

It's worked fine . . .

Your way sounds like it might be better, although I'm not sure why . . .

:confused:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Disable A/C

'95 G20 – My compressor seized a while ago and I installed a different belt that by-passed the Comp. Only problem is you also disble the windshield defogger too!

·
Registered
236 Posts
does anyone have the part # for the belt???
i been back and forth to the auto parts store like 5 times trying to find the right size and they just cant find me the right size...

WHAT YEAR WAS THAT NX2000 OR SER??? i think that might be the easier way to do it..

·
el capitán Nismo
2,245 Posts
Yeah, you won't be able to use the windshield defrost. The AC compressor de-humidifies the air when the defrost is selected.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
boostedgunit said:
does anyone have the part # for the belt???
i been back and forth to the auto parts store like 5 times trying to find the right size and they just cant find me the right size...

WHAT YEAR WAS THAT NX2000 OR SER??? i think that might be the easier way to do it..

Sorrry man I been MIA. I been looking for the number on the belt when I can and the number were never fully viewable. Ill check later today. I been busy, the past few weeks, and have lots to do the next few weeks too. I tried to get my belts replace last week but found out I need a new compressor, so that slowed everything down too. Ill get back to you, even tho the answers are here on the forums and on the sr20forum... Lata!

;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts