Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car is pretty much slammed with my tein ss coil overs. i was wondering if anyone that has coil overs with a outrageous drop ever take their car to the dealer?? ever had any problems??

also can you request mobile 1 synthetic at the dealer?? i just started using mobile 1 and im sick of doing my own changes..

edit: also im not worried about any warranty work...

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Mine is pretty low and the dealer hasn't any problems with it so far.
It still has the warrenty and they haven't said a thing about it yet.
Only problem really is they have to hand wash it since the car wont
go over the wash rails.

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im not too worried about my oil as i was thinking about modifying ramps that i can actually fit on. but it would just be easier to have the dealer do it since i need them to do some work on my car anyways

im just worried about them ripping off my bumper or somethng...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
id hang around as they did the work

·
Registered
20,855 Posts
Cryss said:
So my car is pretty much slammed with my tein ss coil overs. i was wondering if anyone that has coil overs with a outrageous drop ever take their car to the dealer?? ever had any problems??
Yeah well I'm not sure what to say.

I go to the dealer because they know me and the car and are not a bunch a highschool dropout retards running the place. OEM filters, the correct amount of synthetic oil, etc. It's not complex but the oil change place has no interest in taking the time to do things right and they will F your car.

The only problem is, they will drive your car around and put it on a lift. I've been driving a super slammed car to the dealer frequently since for about 2 years now. Last summer they ripped the front bumper off and then reattached it. I had no idea they did that untill I went to change tires and found the bumper attached differently than I had done it, and I couldn't get it off very easily. They appolgized and gave me a discount off the next oil change. I'll be honest, I scrap the thing everywhere and it pops off. That combined with the middle being cut out for the intercooler this bumper is not in good shape, I realize that and I don't care about it. When I get a new one, and it is all freshly painted, I'm going to warn them again. If they screw up, they can buy me a new one. Plus they can get the parts at cost so shouldn't hurt their pocket as much as their PR if they don't give it to me.

BTW, I get a survey from corprate everytime I go there. If you don't know how the car business game works, basically you can coerce anything you want from them if they screwup.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Cryss, if they don't carry Mobil 1 synthetic it shouldnt be a problem for them to get since they do deal w/local parts stores to work on the trade ins(non infiniti cars). I work for Inskip Volvo and we pretty much deal w/all makes and models because of all the trade in's. And it's good to bring it to the dealer because of the oem filter(keeps oil pressure happy) that is being used and the copper crush washer used for your drain plug everytime they change your oil.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Tell them to push the car by hand onto the lift or use a drive on lift like an alignment rack. Most cars that are dropped and scrub going on a lift while driving can be pushed on without touching. A front wheel drive car accelerating onto a lift compresses the front suspension just a little bit, alot of times just enough to get it to scrub.

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
Cryss said:
i was thinking about modifying ramps that i can actually fit on.
Ramps Link :)

trbobrk said:
It's not complex but the oil change place has no interest in taking the time to do things right and they will F your car.
4 sure. even something simple like wiping down the VC around the cap can get nasty. Wipe sand/grime down onto the cams.. EEK! Or they take the high road and don't bother to wipe anything down at all... :rolleyes:

I just do my own. Costs the same as the dealer, but at least I know I'm getting synthetic for sure, and done right. Takes less time then a dealer trip, for me anyways. drive to and from the dealer alone will take me 50 minutes... And each oil change gives me a chance to check out my belly... make sure I don't have any leaks, boots are ok, etc etc etc...

I'm a big advocate of DIY oil changes... :rambo:

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
autox_blonde said:
hey me and the hubby have a mom and pop style shop and we dont fuck ppls cars up....
W3rd. But the problem is, finding quality people like you and your husband, out of the sea of fuck ups out there...

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
I recon' he should get his thumb from up his arse & change his own oil if he's gonna get so finniky about it .......... Failing that run it over to your place ............. Me ....... I do my servicing in the summer ........... To bloody chilly this end of the year to be soddin' around :beard:

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
J..M said:
I recon' he should get his thumb from up his arse & change his own oil if he's gonna get so finniky about it .......... Failing that run it over to your place ............. Me ....... I do my servicing in the summer ........... To bloody chilly this end of the year to be soddin' around :beard:
thanks buddy

wooo hoo! my dealer uses mobile 1

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
my family has been doing jiffy lube and valvoline oil changes since the beginning of time, never had an issue. ever. i dont see why you guys worry so much.

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2000 G-Twenty-T said:
my family has been doing jiffy lube and valvoline oil changes since the beginning of time, never had an issue. ever. i dont see why you guys worry so much.
personally, i dont trust people. but i guess the dealer is an exception, for now.

·
Registered
20,855 Posts
2000 G-Twenty-T said:
They screwed me in the past, a couple of times I've been dead on the side of the road in my volvo right after leaving the oil change place. When I got my p10, I figured I'd only trust it's care to the dealer, or me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts