Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

41 - 60 of 373 Posts

·
shenanigans
2,002 Posts
I guess if its for looks I cant say much.. if you want your fwd car to look like shit then more power to you! feel free! im not stopping you..

but this statement:

All I can say is, the understeer actually helps me pull better times around the track. I get better grip coming out of the turns. So in my case, it actually does help me. And plus, I think an inch wider in the rears doesn't make much of a difference in daily driving.
So this "track", and these "times" you speak of.. can you prove this with factual evidence..

or is this "track" and "times" you refer to when you drive around the streets..

·
Registered
373 Posts
We do as we please with our vehicles and if you don't have anything nice to say about wider wheels in the rear for FWD please keep them to yourselves.

An addition, photos to come after Freakmont:

Volk CV-Pro's 17x7.5(f) 215/45 and 18x8.5(r) 225/45

·
♥
3,947 Posts
holy negative comments batman! there are many things in this world that dont make alot of sense, and a staggered wheel setup on a fwd street car is far from the top of that list.

all of you negative nancies should be ashamed of yourselves for littering up the forum with your crap

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
theres a difference between staggering for looks, and staggering for performance. why do we sport our headlights? mod our grilles? for looks. staggering looks good.
if they were bragging that it helps performance - well thats a different story.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
wow there's alot of people that like to hear themselves talk in this thread :zoinks:.
No one asked for anybodys opinions about tracking and racing or anything else, its simply a thread for listing people with staggered setups, obviousy for people that like staggered setups (Like me :)).

if you guys wanna start a discussion about pros and cons of staggered setups on a FWD why not start your own threads instead of bashing people that like it in this one.

Its not all about racing, I bet 75% (probably more) of people on this forum don't race and never will. and there's no reason for the people that do to force their opinions on them. that's why there's a seperate motorsport section. :eh:

**Back on topic**

I'm not offically staggered, but I'd say My setup is pretty aggressive
tires tucked front and rear and almost totally flushed out in the rear with a 15mm spacers on 7.5" wheels :naughty:

and its settled more since this, but you get the idea

·
Registered
635 Posts
What about "Faux" staggered like same width wheels all around but low brake clearance faces in the back? can that get you in this club?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I didn't start this thread but if it looks staggered I think we can honor that request. Post up some photos anyways!

·
Low is a Lifestyle
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I'm sorry but I hated having the rear not sitting flush with the fender, I get compliments everywhere I take the car . If having a wider wheels in the rear to get my car to look just right Is ricer than fuck It I'm rice , staggered rice !!!! I don't notice any difference with the driving , maybe hugs a little better but then again this isn't a track car of any sort . keep the club rollin ....

·
Low is a Lifestyle
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
wow there's alot of people that like to hear themselves talk in this thread :zoinks:.
No one asked for anybodys opinions about tracking and racing or anything else, its simply a thread for listing people with staggered setups, obviousy for people that like staggered setups (Like me :)).

if you guys wanna start a discussion about pros and cons of staggered setups on a FWD why not start your own threads instead of bashing people that like it in this one.

Its not all about racing, I bet 75% (probably more) of people on this forum don't race and never will. and there's no reason for the people that do to force their opinions on them. that's why there's a seperate motorsport section. :eh:

**Back on topic**

I'm not offically staggered, but I'd say My setup is pretty aggressive
tires tucked front and rear and almost totally flushed out in the rear with a 15mm spacers on 7.5" wheels :naughty:

and its settled more since this, but you get the idea

word and well said ! hell yeah you are in the club , your car has a mean ass stance ...

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I guess if its for looks I cant say much.. if you want your fwd car to look like shit then more power to you! feel free! im not stopping you..

but this statement:

So this "track", and these "times" you speak of.. can you prove this with factual evidence..

or is this "track" and "times" you refer to when you drive around the streets..
I actually put cones outside my neighborhood and do mad driftos.
Just look at my sig, it says slowmatic drifters, so it must be true.

you

do not

want to know

how much

i lol'ed.
My suspension system is worth more then some of the cars on this thread.
Not trying to bash on anyones' car.
Say whatever you guys want, you don't know me.
I didn't build this car for your approval.
And I sure as hell don't need to prove anything to you guys.
But to mention a few places the car has been at.
Texas Motorplex, MSR Houston, Autocross events at Gulf Greyhound Park.

But whatever, just because I don't post on here often makes me a car noob.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
My suspension system is worth more then some of the cars on this thread.
Not trying to bash on anyones' car.
Say whatever you guys want, you don't know me.
I didn't build this car for your approval.
And I sure as hell don't need to prove anything to you guys.
But to mention a few places the car has been at.
Texas Motorplex, MSR Houston, Autocross events at Gulf Greyhound Park.
I'm not going to pass judgement on the staggered rims for street purposes, but I will say that excessive understeer does NOT make you go faster around a track. Ask any professional racer and they will give you the same answer.

Tangentially, what is your suspension system? I wouldn't be surprised if it's more expensive than my car, but you can't tease us like that, you've got to give us the goods. :p

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
I'm not going to pass judgement on the staggered rims for street purposes, but I will say that excessive understeer does NOT make you go faster around a track. Ask any professional racer and they will give you the same answer.
ill be honest i thought his original post about that was sarcasm... lol
but its true, understeer cannot help you, traction is key in racing, unless youre talking drifting
and of course, understeer is poor mans drifting... =p
in autocross, understeer nor oversteer can generally help you. although arguably there may be a few cases where slight oversteer may have some benefits, but understeer simply means get new tires and slow down.

ak1, i encourage you if you have some supports or adjustability in front, to make some changes and try it out. when i started racing with agx's, i threw em on full hard all around not thinking about what i was doing. shortly after understeering a few courses i realized that a bit of body roll in the front can help speed your time up if you have anything less than sticky ass tires.
if youve got an fstb and are understeering, try taking it off.
if you can adjust dampening, soften em up a bit in front.
i keep my agxs on hardness 2 of 4 in the front, and 8 of 8 in the back when i race, and people are constantly impressed with my times in a 120hp 3250lb fwd automatic car.

·
magnificent pooper
4,024 Posts
most touring cars/sedan racecars are set up to oversteer. especially front-wheel drive cars, which included the jtcc/btcc primeras.

maybe all them engineers and drivers are wrong and we should all follow mr. my-suspension-is-worth-more-than-your-car's advice.

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
you tell me, have you ever oversteered? understeered?
my guess is weve all understeered plenty, very few of us have oversteered without trying decently hard..
fact is, staggering here is a cosmetic thing, not performance. not much more to say

41 - 60 of 373 Posts