Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought TEIN SS back in June 2006, approx. $1,200.00 CAD it has abt 10,000KM on them. Iam looking for $800.00 CAD ( LOCAL PICK-UP "TORONTO" ) or $800.00 CAD and add $70 CAD for shipping in the US. If the shipping fees are a little bit higher I will cover the difference. Im selling the car unfortunately, these coilovers were not raced or tracked for your peace of mind, daily drive from point A to Point B. These are coming off my car this weekend. I will post some pics as soon they're off the car. Just want to give you guys a heads up!!!

Check on my feedback

Thanks for looking!!

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
I can vouch for these. He & I installed them around the same time this summer. I even helped him adjust them (ride height) once, and I will be the one helping him to remove them. And like he said, the car is a daily driver only. I've got a set of these myself, and I love them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lou, in your pick what setting do you have your SS on? the highest setting, I am concerning taking these of your hands Jd20jd, do you have pics of the car at the highest setting? You know the roads on ON are pretty rough!

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
masa said:
Lou, in your pick what setting do you have your SS on? the highest setting, I am concerning taking these of your hands Jd20jd, do you have pics of the car at the highest setting? You know the roads on ON are pretty rough!
Give me a call! You still have my home # right?

·
Registered
436 Posts
tempting..
How much drop is there on the highest setting?

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
littledog said:
tempting..
How much drop is there on the highest setting?
I've got the exact same setup. I recently raised up the car so that I now have only a 35mm drop. when I first installed them they were set to a 50mm drop. And I'm sure they could be adjusted even more for a lesser drop. According to Tein, the least amount of drop (highest setting) would be 2.1" (54mm). However, that's with the lower lock rings sitting below the half way point on the threaded body of the shock. So really, they can be set higher (less drop). Like I just did. My car is my daily driver and I'm going to leave it the way it is even for the winter. Unlike Vancouver, we do get snow - not rain - in the winter here in T.O...............lol

Take a look at the picture of my car in my signature below. That's with the 50mm drop. The rear is sitting lower because when I took the pic, my trunk was loaded with all my tools, jack, jack-stands, etc. I literally just came back from getting those wheels installed and snapped the picture.

I'll be helping Jeff take these off the car this Sunday.

Hope what I've said helps!

·
Registered
101 Posts
hey, why sell the 20!? are you selling anything else off the car?

Fej

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Fej said:
hey, why sell the 20!? are you selling anything else off the car?

Fej
HEY!! Another Toronto G20 owner! Welcome to the forum! Where in T.O. do you live??? There's a good 20+ members here on this forum from the GTA area alone. And even more east, west and North too. Do a search for 'SOG's' (Southern Ontario G20's)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Very interested. How much will you charge for shipping to Vancouver, BC? Postal code is V5C 2Y4 if you needed.

Looking forward for your pics! :drool:

·
Registered
436 Posts
MugMug said:
Very interested. How much will you charge for shipping to Vancouver, BC? Postal code is V5C 2Y4 if you needed.

Looking forward for your pics! :drool:
HEY!! Another Vancouver G20 owner! Welcome to the forum! Where in Vancouver do you live??? There's a good 5+ members here on this forum from the Vancouver area alone. :p
Seriously, I only see less than 5 G20s on the road per month.

·
Registered
56 Posts
littledog said:
HEY!! Another Vancouver G20 owner! Welcome to the forum! Where in Vancouver do you live??? There's a good 5+ members here on this forum from the Vancouver area alone. :p
Seriously, I only see less than 5 G20s on the road per month.
No kidding. I see more Ferrari than G20 during summer.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pm sent to whos interested on the this TEINS...check your PM guys!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I personally think what you're asking for is high for "used" coilovers. I think they should be around $600 USD shipped. 10,000 miles on them.....yeah.
anything that's been on a car and has been used decreases the value instantly in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
CiViCtoG20 said:
I personally think what you're asking for is high for "used" coilovers. I think they should be around $600 USD shipped. 10,000 miles on them.....yeah.
anything that's been on a car and has been used decreases the value instantly in my opinion.
Please follow forum rules. IF you do not agree with a price that's fine, but respect the seller's thread and do not post your opinion here. However, you are free to send a polite PM to the individual with your opinion.

For the record, the price is fair. I'll explain why.

(1) It's actually 10,000km not miles (~6,200mi) An honest mistake.
(2) I paid $1300cdn locally for the same set, and I got them on sale! If I didn't I'd need to add another $200+ cdn.
(3) Let's say someone in Canada were to buy a set of these from the US to try to save some $$, it's not that much of a savings. Here's the break down:
  • Best eBay price I found right now is $850US** + another $105US s/h = $955US
  • Add the Exchange rate ($1US = ~$1.15cdn, this is a REAL bank rate not just the general xe.com rate. Banks charge a premium on top of the xe.com rates) So, $955*1.15 = $1098cdn
  • Broker's fee & Duties. Let's face it, an item like this & size isn't going to sneak past customs. Let's hold off on broker's fees (I'll explain shortly). Taxes or 'Duties' as people know to call it, varies from province to province. At minimum, everyone must pay the federal GST. That's 7%. Duties are calculated based on the declared value and this is where w get a break and they use the lucrative base exchange rate. So, $850US * 1.13 = $960cdn * .07 = $67cdn. So now the total is up to $1165cdn.
    Now factor in PST, we'll use Ontario's rate of 7%. So add another $67cdn. So the total is up to $1232cdn.
  • Broker Fee's.......The BEST possible broker fees would be if the package was shipped via USPS. That way the package would processed but Canada Post for duties. So that would as little as $5cd. So you're now at a total of $1237cdn.
    DON'T get me started with UPS broker's fee's! Let's put it this way. I paid $20cdn alone to UPS for a package value of less than $30US. Over $40 for a package valued @ $140US. Let's face it, anyone selling/shipping an item of this value wouldn't send it w/o a tracking #, so you're going to end up paying some courier an additional broker's fee. I just looked up what USP's 'Broker's Fee' would be on an item like this, and it would be $64cdn. So add that to the subtotal above, you'd get a new total of: $1232 + $64 = $1296CDN
So You're right, for US buyers, this doesn't seem like a good deal, but to Canadian ones, this is a great deal.

** Yes, there is a thread for a 'Group Buy' that could get you a possible better price but let's face it, unless the minimum number of people can commit and actually follow through, you may never see/get that price. It's just reality.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts