Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm signing up for the group buy and I have some requests/questions.
first can i get some pics of the top of the front and rear mounts with Tein ss installed, and pics of the coilover assemblies before install. I have searched not coming up with anything. I want to put spacers at the top of mine to reduce the lowering range of my setup, so instead of 2.1-2.93 lowering front and 1.18 to 2.83 rear I want to make it 1 to 2 and .5 to 2, this way i can keep it in the 1.5 drop range and stay in the coilovers sweet spot and raise it a half inch for winter if necessary. I'm thinking of using a combo of properly fitted washers on the upper shock rod below the shock mount and custom spacers and longer bolts on the upper mounts themselves. so a decent pic of the stock mounts unmounted would be nic to. thanks! any comments advice is welcome.
and yes my wife is gonna kill me.
David

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
SgtDGun said:
first can i get some pics of the top of the front and rear mounts with Tein ss installed, and pics of the coilover assemblies before install.

and yes my wife is gonna kill me.
i can take pics of the tops of all the mounts, after work.

the wife might kill you, but your P11 will LOVE you for it.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no can do unless you want to call honduras. thats where the army has me for the next 5 months. but could you give me alittle bit more here? and btw your car looks pretty low :) in your sig

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one other question. what would your mothers think of the ride of the Tein SSs?

and rate your Tein SSs

comfort 1to10 1= stock 10=kiddney failure

bounce 1= stock 10= airborne most of the time

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
KEKEKKEKEKEKE mommy didn't approve, until she rode in it.

comfort - 1 (compared to H&R sport springs on stock shocks)
bounce - 3

*mine are set to the softest damper settings*

edit: scoring corrected

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
P11Gdub said:
KEKEKKEKEKEKE mommy didn't approve, until she rode in it.

comfort - 10 (compared to H&R sport springs on stock shocks)
bounce - 3

*mine are set to the softest damper settings*
I'm hoping you got your numbers mixed up. you mean these things are going to give me kidney failure? so does that mean the 3 is good or bad?

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
and i couldn't take macro shots, since it was night, and the flash in disabled in that mode. LMK if those are too blurry.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Big Mahalos for the pics. Man looks like alot of unused shock rod thread sticking up. I'll get atleast 1/2 an inch to 3/4 just in shaft spacers. I have a fairly simple design in mind if i need to build a custom mount, but after seeing those pics i think i'll just use spacers on the shaft and some more spacers between the front mount and shock tower. if i can get the old front mount bolts out

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
slimlou said:
Hey! You want to PM your fon #? I can give you a call to better explain about the these. I have then and I'm with you, I didn't want the super drop they say and I was able to accommodate that. I can explain it better talking than typing! lol
can you give me a hint?

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
SgtDGun said:
I need to go the oposite direction of Meps mounts
look into Ground Control plates. sfg20t has them on his SS coils, and EvilYak says it's dumped beyond belief.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
umm I'm not trying to go lower, im trying to go higher.well higher than where Tein SSs will put me. like I said I want to keep my coilover adjustments neutral so I stay in the middle of the coilovers sweet spot. and I only want to drop and inch to a inch and a half front and 3/4 to an inch rear

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wonder if they have intermediate spring seats and helper springs that i could purchase to add to these. since im not going to be lowering much i could use the extra adjustment range to add these. and I wonder what rates the helper springs come in. if i could get a short 180-200 helper wouldnt it be almost like having a progressive rate spring?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts