Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tein has announced that they will offer a new coilover system for the P11. The series is named "SS" and will be available in the US only.

The setup features:
  • 16 way adjustable dampers (look surprisingly similar to the type NA dampers)
  • Threaded spring perch for height adjustability
  • Linear springs (the Type NA had progressive springs)
  • Damper bodies will be same length as Type NA
Target price will be $900 to $1000.

More info here:

http://www.tein.com/ssdamp.html

Too bad they dont offer pillow ball mounts and shorter dampers (something like the JIC length).

If you like the Tein type NA but want a little more height adjustability, this may be the kit for you!

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Hmm, depending on the specs (spring rates) I might be interested in these. They would have to have shortened shocks too. I'd even settle for something between the TEIN NAs and the JICs. We'll have to wait and see when these come out, that is if that JIC GD every goes through. :-\

·
Registered
520 Posts
Thats cool but it sucks at the same time. Why does everything come out when I already get something. I buy the teins and then the price drops. JIC's all of a sudden become affordable and now tein wants to come out with coilovers. Whats the world coming to?

boogie or g forces...where is that dam box o' smilies at cuz I can't find them and thats what I like to use.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow I can't wait till those come out, I need a new suspension system in my car, my Eibach's just aren't cutting it anymore. I wonder if the price for the NA's will drop in price.

·
Registered
104 Posts
[*]Linear springs (the Type NA had progressive springs).....Whats the difference?

Too bad they dont offer pillow ball mounts and shorter dampers ....Whats this, what does it mean?

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
pillow ball mount to allow camber adjustment. short dampner to allow better shock characteristics at a lower height i believE? correct me on that someone.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
God Dam this is an old post!

akuma810 said:
pillow ball mount to allow camber adjustment.
That does not allow for camber adjustment for the P11, due to the third arm linkages there...Its just a really cool mounting piece of hardware...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts