Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to order some GC's and AGX's but have read alot about the teins. Just wanted to know what you all thought would be better, and what the price difference would most likely be?
Thanks.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
You going for lowered looks or do you want more performance? Get the TEINS if you are intested in looking low get the GC/AGX if you are more interested in real performance driving. The GC's won't go as low (and handle well) but will probably perform better at auto-x and the track. I wouldn't lower a GC equipt car more than about an inch.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I was looking for performance. I was planning on lowering an inch with the gc's but not any lower, I'm not really into that. I did find the GC's for $463 shipped and the AGX's for $70/a piece. Thing is that dude selling the GC's said that I wouldn't get them for like 3 weeks+ because eibach was so busy right now or something. It was through a group buy. Do I trust him?
Thanks.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
I can't tell you if you should trust him or not for the group buy.

But if you're more into preformance I'd get the GC or even if you can afford it the JIC Magic SF-1. The TEINS are a nice street setup but once I took them too the track and auto-x I found they are way too soft.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The JIC setup is a full coilover? I can lower about an inch with them? Do you know where the best place to get them from? I think digitalracer.com has emfor like $1184 shipped or so if I remember correctly. Is the SF-1 or the SA-1 better? Do you know of any websites that actually work that describe the JIC setup? Thanks man sorry for dumbass questions.:lol:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also I keep hearing that the JIC STB for the p10 works and doesnt work. Do you know for afact whether it does or doesn't? I was just at their website and they state the RCS-HP10-F which is the carbon fiber one does fit. This true? I've read alot in the forum but people would say they didn't and some said they did. :depressed

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
That's the thing with tuning such unpopular cars. It's tough to get a straight answer. Do you know how much money I've wasted trying different shit with this car? Why don't you buy the JIC STB and tell us for sure whether or not it fits. If all you are getting now is second hand knowledge and guesses, take a chance and try it.

As to you questions about JIC SF/A-1's They will lower over an inch and have lots of travel. The SA have adjustible shocks and the SF's don't. Do you need adjustible shocks? The JIC's are full coilovers. If you have any doubts about JIC, don't. They are top notch.

So now that I helped you can you help me look for a job? Do you know of anyone hiring? Can you track down some leads and get me setup for an interview? ;)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ahah sorry man never been to bc, don't know what comps are up there. if y ou lived in utah you could come work with me at alamo car rental booking cars all day long :x Um I don't have to lower more than an inch right? As for the adjustability does taht even come in handy? Is it hard to change? As long as I get a setup that is going to get me up and down the canyons here at mad speeds I'll be happy :p . I just don't know anyone around here taht has that setup so that I can experience it first hand. Would you recommend adjustability?
Thnx man.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
There's not a lot known about the JIC's it's really a track/street setup. If you're just going too be ripping up and down the streets then get either the GC/AGX or the TEIN NA setup and put it on the highest height setting. I don't know the maximum height of the JIC's it's probably more than an inch drop. Don't really know.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eh well I am hoping I will be doing more than just ripping up and down streets. But as far as adjustability goes, doesn't really matter? Seeing how I am amatuer

·
Registered
562 Posts
I know what you mean G-force....I got info that that 95-97 maxima rear struts were the same so I bought them....Man my car looked like it was vacuuming the ground as I drove....the perch was too high. Anyways then I found out that it was the 95-99 Sentra/200SX so I gave it another try and it worked. Then I had to find someone to sell the slightly used 95-97 Maxima. Luckily I didn't lose anything and sold them for how much I got them....all and all it sucked that I did that extra labor for nothing...but now atleast I confirmed it that 95-99 sentra does fit and work fine.

Oh and later I found out that they DID use a 95-97 Maxima but Koni shocks....and Koni's are perch height adjustable...no wonder it worked with konis.

·
Registered
774 Posts
The JIC Front STB for the P10 only fits 91-93 G20's with a high port SR20, the STB is not made to go over the intake manifold of the 94-96 G20's since they sit higher but if you got a 91-93 it should fit fine.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you order the GCs, prepare to wait. My AGXs arrived in three days, the GCs took over three months and just arrived this week. Apparently, they had parts on back order. You'll be happy with the results though.

Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts