311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P11 Primeras (g20's etc) only dealing with 2 litre petrols

US/Canada 140hp ish SR20DE

UK/Europe 140hp ish SR20DE except GT versions
GT's have 150hp ish SR20DE

Japan 140hp ish SR20DE
190??hp ish SR20VE

But nowhere in ther world is there a primera with a turbo as standard. Am I right? Yes? Good?

Well I got this email back from Option Motorsport, one of the more famous UK tuners, after asking if they could swap a GTiR engine in:

Dear Sir

If I going to do that I will use that money import P10 or P11 turbo version from Japan I thing it will be cheaper and make life easy.

Best Regards

S Nana
For those that require, a quick translation.
Dear Sir

If I was going to do that, I would use the money to import a P10 or P11 turbo version from Japan. I think it would be cheaper and make life easier.

Best Regards

S Nana
Very polite, but you see the problems we have getting anything done over here. UK tuners will not look at primeras. Damn them.

Where does he get the impression that there was a J-Spec primera turbo? there wasn't one was there?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Not a stupid question, but somewhat tricky. From what we know, there is not a stock DET P10/P11, but there is a turbo diesel P10 and they might have released a P11 as well.

Most of the time, the sites are hard t read because I do not understand Japanese. But it appears that they did have those turbo diesels available.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have the turbo diesels in the UK. Only interested in the petrol ones though. I'm assuming if there ever wqas a turbo'd P11 petrol it would be running an SR20DET. I'm sure there wasn't though, because Impul make stuff for a DE version and a VE version but not a DET version.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
xenobait said:
Only interested in the petrol ones though.
:confused:

Did not see that part on Petrol. Then the answer is NO, there are not any P10 or P11 Primera's offered with a DET stock.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
NismoPC said:

:confused:

Did not see that part on Petrol. Then the answer is NO, there are not any P10 or P11 Primera's offered with a DET stock.
I concur! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts