Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Check out reviews at 1010tires.com or tirerack and see the specs for yourself. You probably won't find many people here that use winter tires, especially enough that use one perticular brand or model.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Ive heard of these tires but not really enough to give you a good idea either way. But if you live up in syracuse, i would defintiely look into getting a set of snow tires. Hell, I live in Jersey and I want to get a set of snow tires for my ride. So much safer to drive with. All seasons just can't compete.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Koojo said:
Check out reviews at 1010tires.com or tirerack and see the specs for yourself. You probably won't find many people here that use winter tires, especially enough that use one perticular brand or model.
You trying doing a quick search on the net to see who sells these tires, the only thing I can find is a few crappy reviews and no online dealers.

So I was hoping the all knowing Gnet community would help me out.

Gmac

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Ah well. How much are those going for anyway? I'm getting Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires for $68 installed a piece, so total should be around $280, not bad.

·
Safe Sex
3,228 Posts
i just got some michelin x-ices man do snow tires wear out quick..! nokian? i dunno bud havent heard nething good bout them

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah thats about what I was going to get, but these are going to go for a bit more, your gonna kill me.....but....ummm.....

Bout 400...;)

They're suppose to be top of the line.

Gmac

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Hmm I know that I wouldn't pay that much for winters. You can find very good winter tires like the michelin x-ice or the bf blizzaks for much less. These have 4.6/5 at 1010tires.com from hundreds of people who have used them.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^ thats awesome, and from what it sounds like i'm getting a good deal on them...Sort of.

Well, I should be picking them up tomorrow, possibly even getting them mounted and balanced tomorrow as well. I'll keep ya all updated.

Gmac

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah, I'm interested to hear how your car feels after snows (as in decrease in handling feel/ increased road noise).

·
Registered
150 Posts
just got some 15" steelies from DiscountTireDirect.com wrapped in 195/60/R15 Hankook IceBears and I'm pretty happy thus far, looks like a all-season from a distance, until you get up close and realize the spacing on the tread and the little ice grabbers built in.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Crash Override said:
Yeah, I'm interested to hear how your car feels after snows (as in decrease in handling feel/ increased road noise).
Well a few years back I had a set of blizzaks on the G and it handled amazing. They were a little more stiff than your average all season tire and then in the snow they were the best I've ever had, as far as snows. From what im reading though, these nokians are a good step above the blizzaks. Keep your fingers crossed.

walrusx4 said:
just got some 15" steelies from DiscountTireDirect.com wrapped in 195/60/R15 Hankook IceBears and I'm pretty happy thus far, looks like a all-season from a distance, until you get up close and realize the spacing on the tread and the little ice grabbers built in.
Thats what I like about these tires aswell, they look very sporty for a snow tire.

I didn't pick them up today, probably wont until friday or the weekend. I'll let you all know.

Gmac

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I put them on today and WOW. They handle just shy of a high performance tire and there was no snow today but it rained like crazy, flooding going on and what not, I hit puddles, took off hard and drove it as hard as I could to see where their breaking point was. I broke them free a few times but everytime I did they caught within miliseconds. Almost like they were designed for it.

Don't have how they handled in the snow yet, but seeing that its a snow tire I would imagine superbly. More to come once we get a good snow.

Gmac

·
t3h jdm pinecone
2,259 Posts
Nokian makes some of the BEST snow tires out there. I ran Nokian WR's on my Subaru Outback, and never had any problems...even in the DEEP stuff. Good buy!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks man, I def think I made a great choice, now just to see how they are in the snow.

Gmac

1 - 20 of 28 Posts