Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 95 G20 because of two factors: research (suspension) and price.

However, from what I learned here, I fail to see the advantages/price in buying a P11.

I'm really not trying to be a smart-ass, but what benefits would I gain in buying a P11?

This is not a you vs me post – it's genuine question!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Both cars have their advantages and disadvantages. I personally like the P11 for it's look. It just looks like a newer design and a newer car (because it is). Not only does it look newer on the outside, but on the inside as well. The P11 interior seems more modern and updated.

The P10 has it's own ups and downs. The big advantages here being lower weight than the P11 and cheaper purchase price.

Really, either car gives you the same basics: Small sedan, good base engine, available LSD, available leather, etc. With the P11 you just get a newer car, with an updated design, and probably much fewer miles.

Personally (no offense to P10 owners), i think the P10 looks really dated. It takes a lot to make it look decent to me. Wheels, suspension, front air dam, etc. at the least.

·
Registered
20,841 Posts
Cue-Ball said:
Personally (no offense to P10 owners), i think the P10 looks really dated. It takes a lot to make it look decent to me. Wheels, suspension, front air dam, etc. at the least.
I think it has an older looking design but non-car people don't. Most people are surprised when I tell them my car is almost nine years old when they think it only looks one or two year old.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I think the P10 does look rather old in comparison to the P11, but it's still quite an attractive car. People have actually come up to me to say that I have a nice car (although I have a huge dent in my side) and wonder what it is/kind of car/etc. In my opinion the P10 looks a lot less luxury than the P11, but it is a good looking car in it's own right. It takes a lot more to make the P10 look nice by today's standards:

Wheels, suspension, front air dam, etc. at the least.
YUUUP. The P10 isn't meant to be a showy car, in the same sense you can't take an EF Civic and try to make it showy. It's styling is waaaay old for what is considered "nice" nowadays. But thank god its looks are nicer than some cars today: Pontiacs and Saturns, especially...

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
P11 are much more modern looking right off the show room floor. But I think the P10 handles a little better stock ...
. And I agree it takes more work to get a P10 nicers looking but you have the money to do it becuase of the savings...

I am trying to learn how to do stuff with my car so my P10 is great learning experience becuae if I totally F*&( it up I can buy a new engine for $600 or so and body parts right from the Junk Yard
my two cents

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Cue-Ball said:
Interesting.

I personally think it looks timeless (and not because I own one). I think it's one of the great designs of the last 20 years. The proportions are excellent and layout quite good. If you squint your eyes at the outline of the P10 and the current 5 series BMW you will find they are not all that different.

The only issue I have with the P11's sytling is something that Nissan does with many of their cars.... The beltline is too tall and it messes up the proportions some. But, I like P11s that have been lowered with larger wheels. It tends to hide this disproportion in the design.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Cue-Ball said:
The P10 has it's own ups and downs. The big advantages here being lower weight than the P11 and cheaper purchase price.
And don't forget the fully independent rear suspension.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Cue-Ball said:
True that

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I agree with Geo's point regarding high beltline, but I still think the P11 looks nicer than the P10. The small things like crystal lights make a difference.

But girls I've talked to really like my P10. I usually point out a P11 to them and they think it's same thing or it looks really high. That works for me...;)

I don't lke the rear quarter of the P11. It's pretty high and short like a mid-nintes Sentra. The P10 design is timeless...but that's because it's design is very boring. The P10 exterior design has no styling flaws, but it takes no styling risks either.

Both the P10 and P11 have very subtle designs. I'm a performance enthusiast so I wouldn't pay more for a P11 since it doesn't perform better. If I want looks, I'll drive my RX7 ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I like the looks of both cars. I have a p10 and love it! It hndles well, and people like it's looks...I have guys ask me bout it all the time and say it looks good, and comment on wow, thats an infiniti...they are always suprized

·
Registered
710 Posts
I love the look of the P10...everytime I lock it up when I leave it, I always give it that second look back and see how great it is. The body is great...its not boxy but not too curvy. I personally dont like all these new designs like the matrix and crap like that. All that futuristic stuff just...doesnt do it for me :)

However, like alot of you have said, on the P10 a nice small spoiler and front dam just give it a little more bite :cool:

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
A380Driver said:
I love the look of the P10...everytime I lock it up when I leave it, I always give it that second look back and see how great it is. The body is great...its not boxy but not too curvy. I personally dont like all these new designs like the matrix and crap like that. All that futuristic stuff just...doesnt do it for me :)
However, like alot of you have said, on the P10 a nice small spoiler and front dam just give it a little more bite :cool:
Same here. I always take a secondlook as well at my 95 P10 because of how nice it looks:cool: . I think that dark green is a good color for the outside and it's well complemented with the tan leather interior. As for cosmetics, well some people have put the P11 wing and front bumper on their P10, so I know that there are a couple of parts that are interchangeable. In a couple of weeks I'll put on the chrome fender trim and M3 wing to complete the "pimp daddy styling package" :smoke:
If my stock tripled instead of bottomed out I'd have bought a bright red 99 G. Oh well, at least the car's paid off.;)

·
Registered
222 Posts
give me the 2002 p-11 interior ,brakes and engine/tranny so i can put it in my 96 p-10 and ill think ill have the perfect G20 . well stock parts G20 anyway .last time i was in florida i drove a new p-11 that was equipeed just like my 96 p-10 (even same color) and was impressed, but it didnt soak up bumps like mine did, im thinking beam rear suspension in p-11? i felt the brakes on the p-11 were superior , but that might have been the anti dive geometry in the suspension it had too .there was no nosedive at all under brakeing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts