Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will there be any effect with the subject action? How can you lower your idle rpm? TIA.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Tightening the throttle cable will just take some of the slop out of the gas pedel. It's a 'feel' thing. Trust me you'll like it. ;) But don't put so much tension in it that it pulls on the throttle body. Leave just a little slack about a mm or two so that you don't open you throttle.

Lowering your idle is somewhat easy. Remember the 'raindance' we had to do to change the timing? Well you have to do that and then there is a screw somewhere that you turn to get the desired effect.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
G-Forces said:
Tightening the throttle cable will just take some of the slop out of the gas pedel. It's a 'feel' thing. Trust me you'll like it. ;) But don't put so much tension in it that it pulls on the throttle body. Leave just a little slack about a mm or two so that you don't open you throttle.
Exactly what I suspected!!! I noticed the pedal position was somewhat raised, now I think is about 3/4 inch deeper than the brake pedal. There is a danger to this if the throttle pedal is on the same plane (same height) as the brake pedal. If you are thinking of heel-to-toe and hard breaking, one cannot compromise the other!! Remember, SAFETY FIRST!!!! The ideal heel-to-toe situation is to have the throttle pedal to be about 7 mm below the brake pedal when it is 3/4 way depressed such that when the brake is fully depressed, the throttle pedal is still 2-3 mm deeper for heel-to-toe.

There is an article on this via SE-RForum website I believe. If someone can help post the link. I believe it's quite important!

Lowering your idle is somewhat easy. Remember the 'raindance' we had to do to change the timing? Well you have to do that and then there is a screw somewhere that you turn to get the desired effect.
Sorry for the ignorance of terminology here. Is the "raindance" the one that I had to unscrews the top and bottom screws and rotated it to align the timing? Do I need to unscrew these screws plus this new screw for the effect?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
G-loads said:

Sorry for the ignorance of terminology here. Is the "raindance" the one that I had to unscrews the top and bottom screws and rotated it to align the timing? Do I need to unscrew these screws plus this new screw for the effect?
No, warm up the car, 2000rpm for 2-3 minutes, rev 3-4 times past 4000, idle for 1 minute, disconnect TPS. :p

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not G-Forces but I can help.

There are two screws between a bracket that holds the cable near the throttle. Loosen the left screw (facing engine) then unwhine the right srew then tighten the left screw until you feel there is a slight tension, remember not too much!! Keep do it until you're comfortable with the setting. Remember, the more tension it is, the closer the throttle pedal to the brake pedal thereby causing problems when hard breaking, ie depressing both the brake and throttle pedals at the same time! Not good.

·
shenanigans
2,002 Posts
just make sure if you mess with that cable, that the pedal hits the stop on the floor before the TB is jammed open to far. I had to have slack in my cable when it was adjusted properly.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
There has to be a little bit of slack in the cable as stated above. But after so many miles of driving my cable was really loose. I tightened it up a bit and the affect was phenominal! Much touchier gas pedal, made the car feel way more responsive. I suggest everyone does this!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts