Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So before I dump major money into another G20, I decided to go check out the new G35 S because I really do like it. Ive never been a fan of the first G35 or the G35 coupe, the coupe just never really did it for me, especially for its price tag but I have to say is WOW at the new 2007 G35 Sedan.

I test drove what I want, and that was a red 2007 G35 S w/Navigation, I want the pearl white one without a spoiler with black leather interior and the Washi/aluminum finish if I do buy one. Anyway, the car was great, the suspension is amazing, NO body roll whatsoever, the car has amazing pickup and the power progressively gets stronger (like a big turbo) as you go up in RPM's to the 7500RPM redline. I loved it! I told the salesman I was an enthusiast and he told me "as long as you dont crash I dont care" so it was cool to hit it here and there. The car is very comfortable, the ride is smooooooth, when you close the doors it sounds luxurious lol and the layout of the dash is great. 18" badass wheels, HID's and a million other little comforts, the 3500lb weight factor could not even be noticed with the peppyness of the 306hp motor, the shifting was G35 coupish but more refined and smoother. I also liked the 6 gears and the pressing down (VW like) to go into reverse. The Navigation was very clear and the fit and finish inside was amazing, no complaints, it truly has a german feel inside but more refined than a 06' 3 series. Sticker price was $37,400 for the one that I test drove.

I had been contemplating on buying a used M3 for a while, but this thing blows any M3 out of the water, and its supposed to be underated at 306hp, Car & Driver ran a 13.9 1/4 with one with 250 miles on the odometer I imagine with a full break in it and good driver it could hit a 13.5, and with a CAI, exhaust and headers im sure you could easily hit 12's.

Anyway just wanted to share fellas, im still debating, but if I go through with it, then look for a LOT of parts for sale and a couple of SR20VE VVL stuff even a motor for sale as well. And please dont send me PM's on things, I will not reply as im not sure what I will do yet.

-Kev

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
nice, i saw one testing here in az a while back being chased by two identical M3's, i think they were seeing how they compared. I love the inside, looks like my parents M35, i love the navi.....there are soo many cool features on these new cars it's amazing. I love the key fob the best and the push button start.

·
Registered
871 Posts
casual said:
i test drove it and test drove the m the m45 seemed like a better car for the money

The M45 also starts at $49,100 - big price difference.
(G35S Starts at 32,250)

No doubt that the M45 is VERY cool - but not worth the $50,000 price tag. Better to wait 3 years and get it cheap than to buy it new.

The G35S is what I would buy.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
casual said:
i test drove it and test drove the m the m45 seemed like a better car for the money
The M45 is $50,000 and starts with the M35 at $40,000, I could just imagine after taxes and financing fees for an M35. The M35 is also slow, I would never get it without the V8. It does spank the IS350 and BMW 335i...thats for sure, especially in interior space and amenities and power....along with price.

RedCarDash said:
The M45 also starts at $49,100 - big price difference.
(G35S Starts at 32,250)

No doubt that the M45 is VERY cool - but not worth the $50,000 price tag. Better to wait 3 years and get it cheap than to buy it new.

The G35S is what I would buy.

Yes fully loaded with all the options its $38k, thats not counting my negotiating skills. Im sure I could drop them down to $34k or so as I bought my first P11 from the same dealer and the dealership just opened a month ago (a new branch, as they are getting rid of the old branch) and you can tell they are DESPERATE for business (salesman's hinted), and I am paying cash. :rambo:

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
Domiken said:
Yes fully loaded with all the options its $38k, thats not counting my negotiating skills. Im sure I could drop them down to $34k or so
Dont count on it... the 07 G35 is going for sticker price and not a penny less right now. They cant keep them on the lot. When we closed on my gf's 06, we saw 3 07's drive off the lot in 3 hours -- all at sticker price. After xmas you'll be able to deal ;)

- Greg -

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
if u step up its def a good step up.. if i was u though i would enjoy the zero bill u have right now and a decent g and stop putting money into this one..

keep saving man trust me dont finance 34 now si back and wait and think on it .. wont hurt to wait then if 3 months later u still feel the same then go for it!!

have u test driven any other cars ? just wondering.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MrFancypants said:
Dont count on it... the 07 G35 is going for sticker price and not a penny less right now. They cant keep them on the lot. When we closed on my gf's 06, we saw 3 07's drive off the lot in 3 hours -- all at sticker price. After xmas you'll be able to deal ;)

- Greg -
Trust me man, this dealership is thirsty for business, there was NO ONE there except me and my girl on a weekend. The lot was completely full, especially with the new blue color that everyone is loving which I will not get. They didnt even have a tester car, the guy went looking for a sport edition with us, told us to wait, and came back with the keys. The salesman already told me im getting $500 off because ive bought a car there before. No one knows this dealer is there, its literally in the boonies by a highway, and me living in the same town for over 10 yrs did not know it was there, my gf had to tell me. So well see.

Koojo said:
They look awesome I love the new G35
:naughty:

casual said:
if u step up its def a good step up.. if i was u though i would enjoy the zero bill u have right now and a decent g and stop putting money into this one..

keep saving man trust me dont finance 34 now si back and wait and think on it .. wont hurt to wait then if 3 months later u still feel the same then go for it!!

have u test driven any other cars ? just wondering.
Im not doing this now, no impulse buys for me. Im going to wait till after New Year's. I also want to read more reviews after its out for a month or two. Yes having no bill is great, but I know for a fact im going to drop $5k+ into the white car as the parts are currently in my garage waiting to be installed, I know it, thats just how I am. So if I liquidate the parts and everything I know for sure ill be just financing $25k, and im no longer buying a house as I start the MBA in January 07' so after I finish that NYC here I come, so might as well ride in style for a year and 8 months as in NYC I will not have a vehicle.

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
MrFancypants said:

- Greg -
I STRONGLY AGREE with you Greg. I spoke with the sales manager several times at Gwinnett Infiniti in the burbs of Atlanta before AND after the 07 model came out. There was NO negotiation for the 2007 model as it would be a HOT item. Hence, why the 2007 Vette - 400 horsepower of "american" muscle - is sitting in my garage.

Bottom line, personally, I want a deal...if they don't negotiate....screw them, I get something else. I'm certain we will go back to Infiniti next year for the M or G sedan. Until then, I have 0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds and 12.5 second quarter mile times all day long!!! =)

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Everyone is raving about the new sedan. The VQ35HR really is kicking ass. I've seen a number of them on my local dealers lot, and they've been moving, but slowly. I think it does have to go with the fact that there is no bargainig leverage since its such a hot new item. I went down with my buddy, and the sales man basicly pitched to us "you don't want to pay sticker? Go Home!" And they seriously low balled his trade in.

I think its samrt that you wait Kev, I don't doubt your negotiating skills as you are a business man, however I think going sometime around december 31st may help a bit. I know the nissan/infiniti sales people up here will do a lot for a sale on the last day of the month.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Domiken said:
Trust me man, this dealership is thirsty for business, there was NO ONE there except me and my girl on a weekend. The lot was completely full, especially with the new blue color that everyone is loving which I will not get. They didnt even have a tester car, the guy went looking for a sport edition with us, told us to wait, and came back with the keys. The salesman already told me im getting $500 off because ive bought a car there before. No one knows this dealer is there, its literally in the boonies by a highway, and me living in the same town for over 10 yrs did not know it was there, my gf had to tell me. So well see.

that dealership if u talkin i75 n griffin is rite by my house...i pass by their everyday...its nice, still kinda small of a facility ( not parking space) they can fit prolly 1000+ cars or more if they wanted

prices for parts isnt great but not bad either

·
Registered
595 Posts
take your car w/u

my man TAKE YOUR CAR W/U..........i go back every so often i grew up in Queens ........when i visit i hate not having my car.....i know traffic/parking MAY be a question but king.....i take it youve been driving at least 10 yrs......dawg no car will make u hate life in the winter .....nast NASTY HOT ASSSSSSSSSSS summers.....no ac on buses/trains..................fuck that......for me to move back at least 75g's a yr and all moving expenses paid ....dont get me wrong I LUV THAT PLACE LOTS AND LOTS MEMORYS/AND LIFE LEARNING LESSONS....BUT NAH ILL STAY HERE ....PLUS MIAMI WOMEN HAVE SPOILED ME..........

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
95g ATL said:
I STRONGLY AGREE with you Greg. I spoke with the sales manager several times at Gwinnett Infiniti in the burbs of Atlanta before AND after the 07 model came out. There was NO negotiation for the 2007 model as it would be a HOT item. Hence, why the 2007 Vette - 400 horsepower of "american" muscle - is sitting in my garage.

Bottom line, personally, I want a deal...if they don't negotiate....screw them, I get something else. I'm certain we will go back to Infiniti next year for the M or G sedan. Until then, I have 0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds and 12.5 second quarter mile times all day long!!! =)
Im going through costco auto *cross fingers*, im saving like $2000-$2500 below sticker price hehe :naughty:

Ive been all over G35driver.com, everyone is getting the cars fully loaded with $1000-$1500 under MSRP.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Nyc

U Should Go To Do What U Have To, But Buy A Crib Here Rent It Out Or Just Invest Here ......i Guarante You Will Be Back.......AND I THOUGHT THEY SAID NEVER BUY A PROTOTYPE.....WAIT A YR LET THEM GET THE BUGGS OUT

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
G2002 said:
Everyone is raving about the new sedan. The VQ35HR really is kicking ass. I've seen a number of them on my local dealers lot, and they've been moving, but slowly. I think it does have to go with the fact that there is no bargainig leverage since its such a hot new item. I went down with my buddy, and the sales man basicly pitched to us "you don't want to pay sticker? Go Home!" And they seriously low balled his trade in.

I think its samrt that you wait Kev, I don't doubt your negotiating skills as you are a business man, however I think going sometime around december 31st may help a bit. I know the nissan/infiniti sales people up here will do a lot for a sale on the last day of the month.
That was before, not any more, if they dont want my business ill leave. Right now I already have the local Infiniti dealers fighting over prices on this car for me hehe its great.

Ill be in NYC December 31st kid, well anyway ill be in NYC from the 26th to the 31st with my girl if yall want to chill.

BaDDiS B13 SE R said:
that dealership if u talkin i75 n griffin is rite by my house...i pass by their everyday...its nice, still kinda small of a facility ( not parking space) they can fit prolly 1000+ cars or more if they wanted

prices for parts isnt great but not bad either
Yes it is the one on Griffin, they have the entire lot full of these cars, at least 45-50.

bones said:
my man TAKE YOUR CAR W/U..........i go back every so often i grew up in Queens ........when i visit i hate not having my car.....i know traffic/parking MAY be a question but king.....i take it youve been driving at least 10 yrs......dawg no car will make u hate life in the winter .....nast NASTY HOT ASSSSSSSSSSS summers.....no ac on buses/trains..................fuck that......for me to move back at least 75g's a yr and all moving expenses paid ....dont get me wrong I LUV THAT PLACE LOTS AND LOTS MEMORYS/AND LIFE LEARNING LESSONS....BUT NAH ILL STAY HERE ....PLUS MIAMI WOMEN HAVE SPOILED ME..........
Yeah ill miss it but the money and the career possibilities have me thinking of heading up there, there is NO comparison in income in the investment industry. None... Ill probably take the car with me, I know I will.

bones said:
U Should Go To Do What U Have To, But Buy A Crib Here Rent It Out Or Just Invest Here ......i Guarante You Will Be Back.......
Ill def be back, my immediate family is here anyway.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Nyc

MY HOMIE just bought the awd acura tl i believe....he said the only reason he bought is because he has indoor private parking....other than that hell be dammed if he bought a 35,000 and up car to have the snow/sleet/salt and assholes beat his shit up.........the g will prove its worth, still look hot,perform like a mother,and give u a peace of mind if ever shit hits the fan ..............damm im getting home sick....plus u can go to BK/QU/LI/BX and observe the import scene there.......NYG'S show some love on the topic ........... DO IT....SHIT U MIGHT LAND A JOB THAT WILL MAKE U SAY M5 HERE I COME.....peace good luck on your decison

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
bones said:
MY HOMIE just bought the awd acura tl i believe....he said the only reason he bought is because he has indoor private parking....other than that hell be dammed if he bought a 35,000 and up car to have the snow/sleet/salt and assholes beat his shit up.........the g will prove its worth, still look hot,perform like a mother,and give u a peace of mind if ever shit hits the fan ..............damm im getting home sick....plus u can go to BK/QU/LI/BX and observe the import scene there.......NYG'S show some love on the topic ........... DO IT....SHIT U MIGHT LAND A JOB THAT WILL MAKE U SAY M5 HERE I COME.....peace good luck on your decison
The TL isn't all wheel drive.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts