Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
"the government"
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after trying to get some touch up paint squared away on my trunk lid, I decided the brush was not cutting it. I could see lines and overall uneveness. So, since I already bought a big ass bottle of touch up paint from paintscratch I started thinking of alternatives. $400 for a paint job was out of the question, and placing another order for a rattle can from paintscratch seemed like a waste. Then it hit me:

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/tes/tesa2206.htm

This thing is freaking awesome. It comes with everything you need to get started; brush, lines, propellant (so you dont have to hook it up to a compressor), compressor adapter (in case you do), and two bottles to hold paint.

The spray was soo even and clean. Very easy to use. I have never used an airbrush before, but after testing out my skills on a couple of boxes, plastics, etc I went to town. Very easy to get the hang of. There are kits out there that have some increased functions, like internal mixing and different size nozzle but I was on a budget and for under $30 was awesome compared to other options I was looking at.

Overall I give it a 9/10. The only drawbacks to this particular model is that it didn't handle the clearcoat from paintscratch to well. Came out chunky. Also, from what I can tell you cannot buy different nozzles to control spray size. If you are looking to change size, for about $10 more you can get the one that has 3 different nozzles.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey, thanks for the good review of this. I'm looking to do whole lot of touch-up on my p11 so I'm wondering, is this pretty much ready-to-go kit? Just buy this and matching paint and it's good to go? I could get a rattle can clears (which I've used on my other cars with excellent results) so I think I'm good with CC. Just worried about using rattle can for paint. Thanks in advance.

·
"the government"
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, brushwise this is good to go. Like you said, just get the color code paint and throw it in the bottle that comes in the kit. Like you said, get a spraycan of clear coat for that part. If you need to adjust the size of the spray, you may want to look at spending a little more for a kit with adjustable nozzles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.